Grapefruit vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Grapefruit
At first glance, you can see that in grapefruit is more calories than in watermelon.
Grapefruit has 42 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 40%.
In grapefruit and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare grapefruit with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Grapefruit And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Grapefruit: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||10.7 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.14 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.77 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||22 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.08 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||9 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||135 mg||112 mg|
|Zink||0.07 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.043 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.204 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.262 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.053 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||13 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||31.2 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.05 mg|
|Beta karoten||686 mg||303 mg|
More protein in grapefruit
It is aslo easy to see see that in grapefruit is more protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.77g per 100g of grapefruit so using simple math we can see that difference is about 28%.
More carbohydrates in grapefruit
In grapefruit is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 10.7g/100g in grapefruit so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 41%.
Less fat in grapefruit
In grapefruit is less fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.14g/100g in grapefruit. In this case difference is about 7%.
- Carbohydrates10.7 g
- Fat0.14 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein0.77 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice
- 91% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs grapefruit
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): grapefruit 30% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): grapefruit 15% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B5: grapefruit 19% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B6: grapefruit 18% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): grapefruit 333% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium C: grapefruit 285% more than watermelon
- Vitaminium E: grapefruit 160% more than watermelon
- Beta karoten: grapefruit 126% more than watermelon
Minerals: grapefruit vs watermelon
Compares of grapefruit
- Grapefruit vs Apple
- Grapefruit vs Apricot
- Grapefruit vs Avocado
- Grapefruit vs Banana
- Grapefruit vs Blackcurrants
- Grapefruit vs Melon
- see all compares of grapefruit
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Grapefruit
- Calories of Guava
- Calories in Jackfruit
- Jujube calories per 100g
- Kiwi carbs per 100g
- Kumquats protein per 100g
- Lemon fat per 100g
- How many calories does loquat fruit have?
- Calories in a half of mango
- Calories in whole mango
- Calories for one, two or more mango fruits
- How much protein in mangosteen?