Fennel vs Shallot: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Fennel
At first glance, you can see that in fennel is much less calories than in shallot.
Fennel has 31 kcal per 100g and shallot 72 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 132%.
In fennel and in shallot most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare fennel with shallot in details.
Fact 2: Fennel And Shallot Nutrition Difference
Shallot vs Fennel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||7.29 g||16.8 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|Protein||1.24 g||2.5 g|
|Calcium||49 mg||37 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||1.2 mg|
|Magnessium||17 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||50 mg||60 mg|
|Potassium||414 mg||334 mg|
|Sodium||52 mg||12 mg|
|Zink||0.2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.01 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.032 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.64 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.232 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.047 mg||0.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||34 mg|
|Vitaminium C||12 mg||8 mg|
Less protein in fennel
It is aslo easy to see see that in fennel is less protein than in shallot.
There is 2.5g per 100g of shallot and 1.24g per 100g of fennel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 102%.
Less carbohydrates in fennel
In fennel is less carbohydrates than in shallot.
There is 16.8g/100g of carbohydrates in shallot and 7.29g/100g in fennel so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 130%.
More fat in fennel
In fennel is more fats than in shallot.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in shallot and 0.2g/100g in fennel. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates7.29 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Protein1.24 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 81% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: shallot vs fennel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): shallot 500% more than fennel
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): fennel 60% more than shallot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fennel 220% more than shallot
- Vitaminium B5: shallot 25% more than fennel
- Vitaminium B6: shallot 634% more than fennel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): shallot 26% more than fennel
- Vitaminium C: fennel 50% more than shallot
Minerals: fennel vs shallot
Compares of fennel
- Fennel vs Bok Choy
- Fennel vs Carrot
- Fennel vs Cauliflower
- Fennel vs Cucumber
- Fennel vs Kale
- Fennel vs Kohlrabi
- see all compares of fennel
Compares of shallot
- Calories from Fennel
- Calories of Kale
- Calories in Kohlrabi
- Leek calories per 100g
- Lettuce carbs per 100g
- Lima beans protein per 100g
- Lotus root fat per 100g
- How many calories does moringa have?
- Calories in a half of okra
- Calories in whole okra
- Calories for one, two or more okra fruits
- Calories in handful of okra fruits
- How much protein in onion?