Lima Beans vs Edamame: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Lima beans
At first glance, you can see that in lima beans is much more calories than in edamame.
Lima beans has 338 kcal per 100g and edamame 121 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 179%.
In lima beans and in edamame most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lima beans with edamame in details.
Fact 2: Lima beans And Edamame Nutrition Difference
Edamame vs Lima beans: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lima beans||Edamame|
|Carbohydrates||63.38 g||8.91 g|
|Fat||0.69 g||5.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||19 g||5.2 g|
|Protein||21.46 g||11.91 g|
|Calcium||81 mg||63 mg|
|Iron||7.51 mg||2.27 mg|
|Magnessium||224 mg||64 mg|
|Potassium||1724 mg||436 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.507 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.202 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.537 mg||0.915 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.512 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||395 mg||0.311 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.72 mg||0.68 mg|
|Vitaminium K||6 mg||0.027 mg|
More protein in lima beans
It is aslo easy to see see that in lima beans is more protein than in edamame.
There is 11.91g per 100g of edamame and 21.46g per 100g of lima beans so using simple math we can see that difference is about 80%.
More carbohydrates in lima beans
In lima beans is more carbohydrates than in edamame.
There is 8.91g/100g of carbohydrates in edamame and 63.38g/100g in lima beans so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 611%.
Less fat in lima beans
In lima beans is less fats than in edamame.
The tables above show us that there is 5.2g/100g of fats in edamame and 0.69g/100g in lima beans. In this case difference is about 654%.
- Carbohydrates63.38 g
- Fat0.69 g
- Dietary fiber19 g
- Protein21.46 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 73% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: edamame vs lima beans
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lima beans 154% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lima beans 30% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lima beans 68% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B6: lima beans 412% more than edamame
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lima beans 126910% more than edamame
- Vitaminium E: lima beans 6% more than edamame
- Vitaminium K: lima beans 22122% more than edamame
Minerals: lima beans vs edamame
Compares of lima beans
- Lima Beans vs Asparagus
- Lima Beans vs Broccoli
- Lima Beans vs Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans vs Cauliflower
- Lima Beans vs Eggplant
- Lima Beans vs Fava Beans
- see all compares of lima beans
Compares of edamame
- Calories from Lima beans
- Calories of Lotus root
- Calories in Moringa
- Mustard greens calories per 100g
- Okra carbs per 100g
- Onion protein per 100g
- Parsnips fat per 100g
- How many calories does peas have?
- Calories in a half of pumpkin
- Calories in whole pumpkin
- Calories for one, two or more pumpkins
- How much protein in purslane?