Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much less calories than in Swiss cheese.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and Swiss cheese 393 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 301%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in Swiss cheese from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with Swiss cheese in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Swiss cheese Nutrition Difference
Swiss cheese vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Swiss cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||1.44 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||30.99 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||26.96 g|
|Water||79.79 g||37.63 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||890 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.13 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||33 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||72 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||187 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.071 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.6 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in Swiss cheese.
There is 26.96g per 100g of Swiss cheese and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 142%.
More carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is more carbohydrates than in Swiss cheese.
There is 1.44g/100g of carbohydrates in Swiss cheese and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 135%.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in Swiss cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 30.99g/100g of fats in Swiss cheese and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 621%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: Swiss cheese vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cottage cheese 145% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Swiss cheese 85% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cottage cheese 55% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Swiss cheese 54% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cottage cheese 20% more than Swiss cheese
- Vitaminium E: Swiss cheese 650% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs Swiss cheese
- Calcium: Swiss cheese 972% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: Swiss cheese 86% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: Swiss cheese 313% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: Swiss cheese 1300% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: cottage cheese 44% more than Swiss cheese
- Sodium: cottage cheese 68% more than Swiss cheese
- Zink: Swiss cheese 1300% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of Swiss cheese
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Butter vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese potassium