Cottage Cheese vs Mozzarella Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much less calories than in mozzarella.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and mozzarella 280 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 186%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in mozzarella from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with mozzarella in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Mozzarella Nutrition Difference
Mozzarella vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Mozzarella cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||3.1 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||17.1 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||27.5 g|
|Water||79.79 g||49.9 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||731 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.25 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||95 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||16 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.15 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in mozzarella.
There is 27.5g per 100g of mozzarella and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 147%.
More carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is more carbohydrates than in mozzarella.
There is 3.1g/100g of carbohydrates in mozzarella and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 9%.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in mozzarella.
The tables above show us that there is 17.1g/100g of fats in mozzarella and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 298%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: mozzarella vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cottage cheese 35% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mozzarella 109% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mozzarella 21% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B6: mozzarella 74% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cottage cheese 33% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium E: mozzarella 88% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs mozzarella
- Calcium: mozzarella 781% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: mozzarella 257% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: mozzarella 225% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: mozzarella 1700% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: cottage cheese 9% more than mozzarella
- Sodium: cottage cheese 1869% more than mozzarella
- Zink: mozzarella 1700% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of mozzarella
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Halloumi nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Mascarpone calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Scrambled Egg protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Kefir sugar
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese vitamins
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese dietary fiber
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan vitaminium C
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese magnessium
- Edam Cheese vs Egg potassium