Chicken Breast vs Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chicken breast
At first glance, you can see that in chicken breast is much less calories than in steak.
Chicken breast has 172 kcal per 100g and steak 271 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 58%.
In chicken breast and in steak most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken breast with steak in details.
Fact 2: Chicken breast And Steak Nutrition Difference
Steak vs Chicken breast: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken breast||Steak|
|Fat||9.25 g||19.02 g|
|Protein||20.85 g||24.85 g|
|Water||69.46 g||55.59 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.74 mg||2.4 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||1.6 mg|
|Potassium||220 mg||279 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||58 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||1.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.074 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.301 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.908 mg||5.149 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.53 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.006 mg|
Less protein in chicken breast
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken breast is less protein than in steak.
There is 24.85g per 100g of steak and 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
Less fat in chicken breast
In chicken breast is less fats than in steak.
The tables above show us that there is 19.02g/100g of fats in steak and 9.25g/100g in chicken breast. In this case difference is about 106%.
- Fat9.25 g
- Protein20.85 g
- Water69.46 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 50% PROTEIN
- 50% FAT
Vitamins: steak vs chicken breast
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): steak 17% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): steak 254% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken breast 92% more than steak
- Vitaminium B6: chicken breast 6% more than steak
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): steak 50% more than chicken breast
Minerals: chicken breast vs steak
- Calcium: steak 9% more than chicken breast
- Iron: steak 224% more than chicken breast
- Magnessium: chicken breast 9% more than steak
- Phosphorus: steak 300% more than chicken breast
- Potassium: steak 27% more than chicken breast
- Sodium: chicken breast 9% more than steak
- Zink: steak 300% more than chicken breast
Compares of chicken breast
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Pork
- see all compares of chicken breast
Compares of steak
- Calories from Chicken breast
- Calories of Orange juice
- Calories in Cider
- Pork neck calories per 100g
- Tabbouleh carbs per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's protein per 100g
- Kolache fat per 100g
- How many calories does injera have?
- Calories in a half of brandy
- Calories in whole brandy
- Calories for one, two or more brandy
- Calories in glass of brandy
- Calories in cup of brandy
- Calories in shot (small glass) of brandy
- How much protein in salmon patty?
- Chicken Breast vs Frog Legs nutrition
- Chicken Breast vs Pork Chop calories
- Chicken Breast vs Pork Tenderloin protein
- Chicken Leg vs Goose Meat sugar
- Chicken Leg vs Rabbit vitamins
- Goose Breast vs Duck Breast dietary fiber
- Duck Meat vs Duck Breast vitaminium C
- Duck Meat vs Goose Meat magnessium
- Duck Meat vs Turkey Meat potassium