Apple vs Watermelon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Apple
At first glance, you can see that in apple is much more calories than in watermelon.
Apple has 52 kcal per 100g and watermelon 30 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 73%.
In apple and in watermelon most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare apple with watermelon in details.
Fact 2: Apple And Watermelon Nutrition Difference
Watermelon vs Apple: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||13.81 g||7.6 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.4 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||0.26 g||0.6 g|
|Calcium||6 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.12 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||10 mg|
|Potassium||107 mg||112 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.04 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.017 mg||0.033 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.091 mg||0.178 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.061 mg||0.221 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.041 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||3 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.6 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.18 mg||0.05 mg|
|Beta karoten||27 mg||303 mg|
Less protein in apple
It is aslo easy to see see that in apple is less protein than in watermelon.
There is 0.6g per 100g of watermelon and 0.26g per 100g of apple so using simple math we can see that difference is about 131%.
More carbohydrates in apple
In apple is more carbohydrates than in watermelon.
There is 7.6g/100g of carbohydrates in watermelon and 13.81g/100g in apple so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 82%.
More fat in apple
In apple is more fats than in watermelon.
The tables above show us that there is 0.15g/100g of fats in watermelon and 0.17g/100g in apple. In this case difference is about 13%.
- Carbohydrates13.81 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.4 g
- Protein0.26 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | sliced
- 96% CARBS.
- 2% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: watermelon vs apple
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watermelon 94% more than apple
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): watermelon 96% more than apple
- Vitaminium B5: watermelon 262% more than apple
- Vitaminium B6: watermelon 10% more than apple
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): watermelon 0% more than apple
- Vitaminium C: watermelon 76% more than apple
- Vitaminium E: apple 260% more than watermelon
- Beta karoten: watermelon 1022% more than apple
Minerals: apple vs watermelon
Compares of apple
- Apple vs Apricot
- Apple vs Avocado
- Apple vs Banana
- Apple vs Blackberry
- Apple vs Blackcurrants
- Apple vs Blueberries
- see all compares of apple
Compares of watermelon
- Calories from Apple
- Calories of Blackberries
- Calories in Blackcurrant
- Blueberries calories per 100g
- Melon carbs per 100g
- Cherimoya protein per 100g
- Cherry fat per 100g
- How many calories do Cranberries have?
- Calories in a half of durian
- Calories in whole durian
- Calories for one, two or more durian fruits
- How much protein in black lilac?