Flounder (Fillet, Meat) vs Swordfish (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Flounder
At first glance, you can see that in flounder is much less calories than in swordfish.
Flounder has 70 kcal per 100g and swordfish 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 106%.
In flounder and in swordfish most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare flounder with swordfish in details.
Fact 2: Flounder And Swordfish Nutrition Difference
Swordfish vs Flounder: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Flounder (fillet, meat)||Swordfish (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||1.93 g||6.65 g|
|Protein||12.41 g||19.66 g|
|Water||84.63 g||73.38 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||0.18 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||160 mg||418 mg|
|Sodium||296 mg||81 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.022 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.053 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.04 mg||7.76 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.098 mg||0.543 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.63 mg||2.02 mg|
Less protein in flounder
It is aslo easy to see see that in flounder is less protein than in swordfish.
There is 19.66g per 100g of swordfish and 12.41g per 100g of flounder so using simple math we can see that difference is about 58%.
Less fat in flounder
In flounder is less fats than in swordfish.
The tables above show us that there is 6.65g/100g of fats in swordfish and 1.93g/100g in flounder. In this case difference is about 245%.
- Fat1.93 g
- Protein12.41 g
- Water84.63 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 74% PROTEIN
- 26% FAT
Vitamins: swordfish vs flounder
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): swordfish 241% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): swordfish 165% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): swordfish 646% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B6: swordfish 454% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): flounder 150% more than swordfish
- Vitaminium E: swordfish 221% more than flounder
Minerals: flounder vs swordfish
Compares of flounder
- Flounder vs Cod Fillet
- Flounder vs Halibut
- Flounder vs Herring
- Flounder vs Mackerel
- Flounder vs Perch
- Flounder vs Swordfish
- see all compares of flounder
Compares of swordfish
- Calories from Flounder (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Argan oil
- Calories in Haddock
- Protein bar calories per 100g
- Udon noodles carbs per 100g
- Salad greens protein per 100g
- Zucchini bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does caesar chicken wrap have?
- Calories in a half of Life Savers
- Calories in whole Life Savers
- Calories for one, two or more Life Savers
- How much protein in barbecue sauce?