Cod vs Flounder (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cod fillet
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is more calories than in flounder.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and flounder 70 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
In cod fillet and in flounder most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with flounder in details.
Fact 2: Cod fillet And Flounder Nutrition Difference
Flounder vs Cod fillet: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Flounder (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||1.93 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||12.41 g|
|Water||81.22 g||84.63 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||21 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.18 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||160 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||296 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.022 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||1.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.63 mg|
More protein in cod fillet
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is more protein than in flounder.
There is 12.41g per 100g of flounder and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 44%.
Less fat in cod fillet
In cod fillet is less fats than in flounder.
The tables above show us that there is 1.93g/100g of fats in flounder and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 188%.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: flounder vs cod fillet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet 245% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cod fillet 225% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cod fillet 98% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B6: cod fillet 150% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet 40% more than flounder
- Vitaminium E: cod fillet 2% more than flounder
Minerals: cod fillet vs flounder
Compares of cod fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Anchovy
- Cod Fillet vs Carp
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- see all compares of cod fillet
Compares of flounder
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?