Swordfish (Fillet, Meat) vs Chicken Breast: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Swordfish
At first glance, you can see that in swordfish is less calories than in chicken breast.
Swordfish has 144 kcal per 100g and chicken breast 172 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 19%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in swordfish cames from protein and in chicken breast from fat.
See tables below to compare swordfish with chicken breast in details.
Fact 2: Swordfish And Chicken breast Nutrition Difference
Chicken breast vs Swordfish: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Swordfish (fillet, meat)||Chicken breast|
|Fat||6.65 g||9.25 g|
|Protein||19.66 g||20.85 g|
|Water||73.38 g||69.46 g|
|Calcium||5 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.74 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||418 mg||220 mg|
|Sodium||81 mg||63 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.075 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.053 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||7.76 mg||9.908 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.543 mg||0.53 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.002 mg||0.004 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.02 mg||0.27 mg|
Less protein in swordfish
It is aslo easy to see see that in swordfish is less protein than in chicken breast.
There is 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast and 19.66g per 100g of swordfish so using simple math we can see that difference is about 6%.
Less fat in swordfish
In swordfish is less fats than in chicken breast.
The tables above show us that there is 9.25g/100g of fats in chicken breast and 6.65g/100g in swordfish. In this case difference is about 39%.
- Fat6.65 g
- Protein19.66 g
- Water73.38 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 57% PROTEIN
- 43% FAT
Vitamins: chicken breast vs swordfish
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): swordfish 19% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chicken breast 60% more than swordfish
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken breast 28% more than swordfish
- Vitaminium B6: swordfish 2% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chicken breast 100% more than swordfish
- Vitaminium E: swordfish 648% more than chicken breast
Minerals: swordfish vs chicken breast
- Calcium: chicken breast 120% more than swordfish
- Iron: chicken breast 95% more than swordfish
- Magnessium: swordfish 16% more than chicken breast
- Phosphorus: chicken breast 300% more than swordfish
- Potassium: swordfish 90% more than chicken breast
- Sodium: swordfish 29% more than chicken breast
- Zink: chicken breast 300% more than swordfish
Compares of swordfish
- Swordfish vs Cod Fillet
- Swordfish vs Flounder
- Swordfish vs Halibut
- Swordfish vs Alaska Pollock
- Swordfish vs Shark Meat
- Swordfish vs Tuna
- see all compares of swordfish
Compares of chicken breast
- see all compares of chicken breast
- Calories from Swordfish (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Rice milk
- Calories in Yuca
- Larabar Chocolate Truffles calories per 100g
- Baked pork chop carbs per 100g
- White potatoes protein per 100g
- Lucky Charms fat per 100g
- How many calories does yogurt parfait have?
- Calories in a half of black bean salad
- Calories in whole black bean salad
- Calories for one, two or more black bean salad
- How much protein in popcorn cake?