Chicken vs Duck: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chicken
At first glance, you can see that in chicken is much more calories than in duck meat.
Chicken has 114 kcal per 100g and duck meat 404 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 254 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chicken cames from protein and in duck meat from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken with duck meat in details.
Fact 2: Chicken And Duck meat Nutrition Difference
Duck meat vs Chicken: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||1.65 g||39.34 g|
|Protein||23.2 g||11.49 g|
|Water||74.86 g||48.5 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||2.4 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||15 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||5.5 mg|
|Potassium||239 mg||209 mg|
|Sodium||68 mg||63 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||5.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.068 mg||0.197 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||10.604 mg||3.934 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.54 mg||0.19 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.013 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.006 mg|
More protein in chicken
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken is more protein than in duck meat.
There is 11.49g per 100g of duck meat and 23.2g per 100g of chicken so using simple math we can see that difference is about 102 %.
Less fat in chicken
In chicken is less fats than in duck meat.
The tables above show us that there is 39.34g/100g of fats in duck meat and 1.65g/100g in chicken. In this case difference is about 2284 %.
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein23.2 g
- Water74.86 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg | wing
- 0% CARBS.
- 86% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: duck meat vs chicken
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): duck meat 190% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): duck meat 128% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken 170% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B6: chicken 184% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): duck meat 225% more than chicken
- Vitaminium E: duck meat 218% more than chicken
- Vitaminium K: duck meat 200% more than chicken
Minerals: chicken vs duck meat
Compares of chicken
- Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Liver
- Chicken vs Turkey Meat
- see all compares of chicken
Compares of duck meat
- Calories from Chicken
- Calories of Lemon juice
- Calories in Coffee
- Cocoa calories per 100g
- Stromboli carbs per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan protein per 100g
- Boost, Nutritional drink fat per 100g
- How many calories does gulab jamun have?
- Calories in a half of brandy and cola
- Calories in whole brandy and cola
- Calories for one, two or more brandy and cola
- Calories in glass of brandy and cola
- Calories in cup of brandy and cola
- How much protein in Quaker Oatmeal?