Butternut Squash vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Butternut squash vs parsnips - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in butternut squash is much less calories than in parsnips.
Butternut squash has 45 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 67 %.
In butternut squash and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
butternut squash or parsnips - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: parsnips - 67% more than butternut squash.
- Carbohydrates: parsnips - 54% more than butternut squash.
- Fat: parsnips - 200% more than butternut squash.
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 145% more than butternut squash.
- Protein: parsnips - 20% more than butternut squash.
Butternut squash vs parsnips: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Butternut squash||Parsnips|
|Carbohydrates||11.69 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.7 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||33 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||352 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.154 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||22.5 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in butternut squash is less protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 1g per 100g of butternut squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 20 %.
Where is more carbs?
In butternut squash is less carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 11.69g/100g in butternut squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 54 %.
Where is more fats?
In butternut squash is less fats than in parsnips.
Tables below show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in parsnips and 0.1g/100g in butternut squash. In this case difference is about 200 %.
See tables below to compare butternut squash with parsnips in details.
- Carbohydrates11.69 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | mashed
- 91% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
butternut squash or parsnips - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash - 10% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): parsnips - 150% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash - 42% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips - 50% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips - 484% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips - 148% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium C: butternut squash - 19% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium K: parsnips - 1945% more than butternut squash.
butternut squash or parsnips - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: butternut squash - 25% more than parsnips.
- Iron: butternut squash - 16% more than parsnips.
- Magnessium: butternut squash - 15% more than parsnips.
- Phosphorus: parsnips - 115% more than butternut squash.
- Potassium: parsnips - 7% more than butternut squash.
- Sodium: parsnips - 150% more than butternut squash.
- Zink: parsnips - 293% more than butternut squash.
Compares of butternut squash
- Artichoke vs Butternut Squash
- Arugula vs Butternut Squash
- Asparagus vs Butternut Squash
- Bamboo Shoots vs Butternut Squash
- Beetroot vs Butternut Squash
- Calabash vs Butternut Squash
Compares of parsnips
- Calories from Butternut squash
- Calories of Cabbage
- Calories in Carrot
- Cassava calories per 100g
- Cauliflower carbs per 100g
- Fodder cabbage protein per 100g
- Cucumber fat per 100g
- How many calories does eggplant have?
- Calories in handful of fava beans
- Calories in tablespoon of fava beans
- How much protein in fennel?
- Butternut Squash vs Peas nutrition
- Butternut Squash vs Potato calories
- Butternut Squash vs Pumpkin protein
- Butternut Squash vs Purslane sugar
- Butternut Squash vs Salad Chicory vitamins
- Butternut Squash vs Radish dietary fiber
- Butternut Squash vs Rhubarb vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Shallot magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Spinach potassium