Buttermilk vs Skim Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Buttermilk
At first glance, you can see that in buttermilk is much more calories than in skimmed milk.
Buttermilk has 105 kcal per 100g and skimmed milk 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 209%.
In buttermilk and in skimmed milk most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare buttermilk with skimmed milk in details.
Buttermilk And Skimmed milk Nutrition Difference
Skimmed milk vs Buttermilk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buttermilk||Skim milk|
|Carbohydrates||49 g||4.96 g|
|Fat||5.78 g||0.08 g|
|Protein||34.3 g||3.37 g|
|Water||2.97 g||90.84 g|
|Calcium||1184 mg||122 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.03 mg|
|Magnessium||110 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||1592 mg||156 mg|
|Sodium||517 mg||42 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.392 mg||0.045 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.579 mg||0.182 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.876 mg||0.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.338 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.01 mg|
More protein in buttermilk
It is aslo easy to see see that in buttermilk is more protein than in skimmed milk.
There is 3.37g per 100g of skimmed milk and 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 918%.
More carbohydrates in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more carbohydrates than in skimmed milk.
There is 4.96g/100g of carbohydrates in skimmed milk and 49g/100g in buttermilk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 888%.
More fat in buttermilk
In buttermilk is more fats than in skimmed milk.
The tables above show us that there is 0.08g/100g of fats in skimmed milk and 5.78g/100g in buttermilk. In this case difference is about 7125%.
- Carbohydrates49 g
- Fat5.78 g
- Protein34.3 g
- Water2.97 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 51% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: skimmed milk vs buttermilk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
buttermilk - 771% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
buttermilk - 768% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
buttermilk - 832% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B6:
buttermilk - 814% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
buttermilk - 840% more than skimmed milk
- Vitaminium E:
buttermilk - 900% more than skimmed milk
Compares of buttermilk
- Buttermilk vs Cottage Cheese
- Buttermilk vs Whole Milk
- Buttermilk vs Goat Milk
- Buttermilk vs Sheep Milk
- Buttermilk vs Egg
- Buttermilk vs Egg White
- see all compares of buttermilk
Compares of skimmed milk
- Calories from Buttermilk
- Calories of Chicken breast
- Calories in Orange juice
- Cider calories per 100g
- Pork neck carbs per 100g
- Tabbouleh protein per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's fat per 100g
- How many calories does kolache have?
- Calories in a half of beef and broccoli
- Calories in whole beef and broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more beef and broccoli
- How much protein in brandy?
- Goat Cheese vs Cream Cheese nutrition
- Goat Cheese vs Paneer Cheese calories
- Goat Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese protein
- Goat Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese sugar
- Goat Cheese vs Cream Cheese vitamins
- Sour Cream vs Coconut Milk dietary fiber
- Sour Cream vs Skimmed Milk vitaminium C
- Sour Cream vs Coffee Creamer magnessium
- Sour Cream vs Cream Cheese potassium