Beetroot vs Tomato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Beetroot
At first glance, you can see that in beetroot is much more calories than in tomato.
Beetroot has 43 kcal per 100g and tomato 18 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 139%.
In beetroot and in tomato most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare beetroot with tomato in details.
Fact 2: Beetroot And Tomato Nutrition Difference
Tomato vs Beetroot: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.56 g||3.9 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||1.2 g|
|Protein||1.61 g||0.9 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||325 mg||237 mg|
|Sodium||78 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||0.35 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.334 mg||0.594 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||109 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.9 mg||13 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.04 mg||0.54 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.2 mg||7.9 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||101 mg|
More protein in beetroot
It is aslo easy to see see that in beetroot is more protein than in tomato.
There is 0.9g per 100g of tomato and 1.61g per 100g of beetroot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 79%.
More carbohydrates in beetroot
In beetroot is more carbohydrates than in tomato.
There is 3.9g/100g of carbohydrates in tomato and 9.56g/100g in beetroot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 145%.
Less fat in beetroot
In beetroot is less fats than in tomato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.2g/100g of fats in tomato and 0.17g/100g in beetroot. In this case difference is about 18%.
- Carbohydrates9.56 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1.61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | slices | cup | boiled
- 83% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: tomato vs beetroot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tomato 19% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tomato 78% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: tomato 19% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 627% more than tomato
- Vitaminium C: tomato 165% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium E: tomato 1250% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: tomato 3850% more than beetroot
- Beta karoten: tomato 405% more than beetroot
Minerals: beetroot vs tomato
Compares of beetroot
- Beetroot vs Artichoke
- Beetroot vs Arugula
- Beetroot vs Asparagus
- Beetroot vs Bamboo Shoots
- Beetroot vs Pepper
- Beetroot vs Broccoli
- see all compares of beetroot
Compares of tomato
- Calories from Beetroot
- Calories of Red bell pepper
- Calories in Bitter melon
- Bok choy lettuce calories per 100g
- Calabash carbs per 100g
- Broccoli protein per 100g
- Rapini fat per 100g
- How many calories do Brussels sprouts have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage
- Calories in whole cabbage
- Calories for one, two or more cabbages
- How much protein in carrot?