Red Bell Pepper vs Jalapeno: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Pepper
At first glance, you can see that in pepper is just a little more calories than in jalapeno.
Pepper has 31 kcal per 100g and jalapeno 29 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7%.
In pepper and in jalapeno most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare pepper with jalapeno in details.
Pepper And Jalapeno Nutrition Difference
Jalapeno vs Pepper: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red bell pepper||Jalapeno|
|Carbohydrates||6.03 g||6.5 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.37 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||2.8 g|
|Protein||0.99 g||0.91 g|
|Calcium||7 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.43 mg||0.25 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||15 mg|
|Potassium||211 mg||248 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.054 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.07 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.979 mg||1.28 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.291 mg||0.419 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||46 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium C||127.7 mg||118.6 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.58 mg||3.58 mg|
|Vitaminium K||4.9 mg||0.019 mg|
More protein in pepper
It is aslo easy to see see that in pepper is more protein than in jalapeno.
There is 0.91g per 100g of jalapeno and 0.99g per 100g of pepper so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
Less carbohydrates in pepper
In pepper is less carbohydrates than in jalapeno.
There is 6.5g/100g of carbohydrates in jalapeno and 6.03g/100g in pepper so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
Less fat in pepper
In pepper is less fats than in jalapeno.
The tables above show us that there is 0.37g/100g of fats in jalapeno and 0.3g/100g in pepper. In this case difference is about 23%.
- Carbohydrates6.03 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein0.99 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: jalapeno vs pepper
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
pepper - 35% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
pepper - 21% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
jalapeno - 31% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B6:
jalapeno - 44% more than pepper
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
pepper - 170270% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium C:
pepper - 8% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium E:
jalapeno - 127% more than pepper
- Vitaminium K:
pepper - 25689% more than jalapeno
Compares of pepper
- Pepper vs Beetroot
- Pepper vs Bok Choy
- Pepper vs Brussels Sprouts
- Pepper vs Carrot
- Pepper vs Cucumber
- Pepper vs Eggplant
- see all compares of pepper
Compares of jalapeno
- Calories from Red bell pepper
- Calories of Bitter melon
- Calories in Bok choy lettuce
- Calabash calories per 100g
- Broccoli carbs per 100g
- Rapini protein per 100g
- Brussels sprouts fat per 100g
- How many calories does butternut squash have?
- Calories in a half of carrot
- Calories in whole carrot
- Calories for one, two or more carrots
- How much protein in cassava?
- Pepper vs Peppermint nutrition
- Pepper vs Hot Chili Pepper calories
- Bok Choy vs Celery protein
- Bok Choy vs Romaine Lettuce sugar
- Bok Choy vs Collards vitamins
- Broccoli vs Spaghetti Squash dietary fiber
- Broccoli vs Romaine Lettuce vitaminium C
- Broccoli vs Edamame magnessium
- Broccoli vs Iceberg Lettuce potassium