Beetroot vs Eggplant: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Beetroot
At first glance, you can see that in beetroot is much more calories than in eggplant.
Beetroot has 43 kcal per 100g and eggplant 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 79%.
In beetroot and in eggplant most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare beetroot with eggplant in details.
Fact 2: Beetroot And Eggplant Nutrition Difference
Eggplant vs Beetroot: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.56 g||5.7 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||3.4 g|
|Protein||1.61 g||1 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.24 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||325 mg||230 mg|
|Sodium||78 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.35 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.057 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.334 mg||0.649 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.155 mg||0.281 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.084 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||109 mg||22 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.9 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.04 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.2 mg||3.5 mg|
More protein in beetroot
It is aslo easy to see see that in beetroot is more protein than in eggplant.
There is 1g per 100g of eggplant and 1.61g per 100g of beetroot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 61%.
More carbohydrates in beetroot
In beetroot is more carbohydrates than in eggplant.
There is 5.7g/100g of carbohydrates in eggplant and 9.56g/100g in beetroot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 68%.
Less fat in beetroot
In beetroot is less fats than in eggplant.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in eggplant and 0.17g/100g in beetroot. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Carbohydrates9.56 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1.61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | slices | cup | boiled
- 83% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: eggplant vs beetroot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): eggplant 26% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): beetroot 54% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): eggplant 94% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B5: eggplant 81% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: eggplant 25% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 395% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium C: beetroot 123% more than eggplant
- Vitaminium E: eggplant 650% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: eggplant 1650% more than beetroot
Minerals: beetroot vs eggplant
Compares of beetroot
- Beetroot vs Artichoke
- Beetroot vs Arugula
- Beetroot vs Asparagus
- Beetroot vs Bamboo Shoots
- Beetroot vs Pepper
- Beetroot vs Broccoli
- see all compares of beetroot
Compares of eggplant
- Calories from Beetroot
- Calories of Red bell pepper
- Calories in Bitter melon
- Bok choy lettuce calories per 100g
- Calabash carbs per 100g
- Broccoli protein per 100g
- Rapini fat per 100g
- How many calories do Brussels sprouts have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage
- Calories in whole cabbage
- Calories for one, two or more cabbages
- How much protein in carrot?