Beetroot vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Beetroot
At first glance, you can see that in beetroot is much less calories than in yam.
Beetroot has 43 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 151%.
In beetroot and in yam most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare beetroot with yam in details.
Fact 2: Beetroot And Yam Nutrition Difference
Yam vs Beetroot: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.56 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.17 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1.61 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||325 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||78 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.35 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.031 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.057 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.334 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.155 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.067 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||109 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.9 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.04 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.2 mg||2.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||20 mg||83 mg|
More protein in beetroot
It is aslo easy to see see that in beetroot is more protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1.61g per 100g of beetroot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5%.
Less carbohydrates in beetroot
In beetroot is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 9.56g/100g in beetroot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 192%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in beetroot and yam - 0.17g/100g.
- Carbohydrates9.56 g
- Fat0.17 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein1.61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | slices | cup | boiled
- 83% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs beetroot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 261% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): beetroot 78% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): yam 65% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B5: yam 103% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B6: yam 337% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): beetroot 374% more than yam
- Vitaminium C: yam 249% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium E: yam 775% more than beetroot
- Vitaminium K: yam 1050% more than beetroot
- Beta karoten: yam 315% more than beetroot
Minerals: beetroot vs yam
Compares of beetroot
- Beetroot vs Artichoke
- Beetroot vs Arugula
- Beetroot vs Asparagus
- Beetroot vs Bamboo Shoots
- Beetroot vs Pepper
- Beetroot vs Broccoli
- see all compares of beetroot
Compares of yam
- Calories from Beetroot
- Calories of Red bell pepper
- Calories in Bitter melon
- Bok choy lettuce calories per 100g
- Calabash carbs per 100g
- Broccoli protein per 100g
- Rapini fat per 100g
- How many calories do Brussels sprouts have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage
- Calories in whole cabbage
- Calories for one, two or more cabbages
- How much protein in carrot?