Arugula vs Romaine Lettuce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Arugula
At first glance, you can see that in arugula is more calories than in romaine lettuce.
Arugula has 25 kcal per 100g and romaine lettuce 17 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 47%.
In arugula and in romaine lettuce most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare arugula with romaine lettuce in details.
Fact 2: Arugula And Romaine lettuce Nutrition Difference
Romaine lettuce vs Arugula: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Arugula||Romaine lettuce|
|Carbohydrates||3.65 g||3.29 g|
|Fat||0.66 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.6 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||2.58 g||1.23 g|
|Calcium||160 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||1.46 mg||0.97 mg|
|Magnessium||47 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||369 mg||247 mg|
|Sodium||27 mg||8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.044 mg||0.072 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.086 mg||0.067 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.305 mg||0.313 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.073 mg||0.074 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||97 mg||0.136 mg|
|Vitaminium C||15 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.43 mg||0.13 mg|
|Vitaminium K||108.6 mg||0.103 mg|
More protein in arugula
It is aslo easy to see see that in arugula is more protein than in romaine lettuce.
There is 1.23g per 100g of romaine lettuce and 2.58g per 100g of arugula so using simple math we can see that difference is about 110%.
More carbohydrates in arugula
In arugula is more carbohydrates than in romaine lettuce.
There is 3.29g/100g of carbohydrates in romaine lettuce and 3.65g/100g in arugula so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 11%.
More fat in arugula
In arugula is more fats than in romaine lettuce.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in romaine lettuce and 0.66g/100g in arugula. In this case difference is about 120%.
- Carbohydrates3.65 g
- Fat0.66 g
- Dietary fiber1.6 g
- Protein2.58 g
100g | ounce | handfull | cup | half cup
- 47% CARBS.
- 33% PROTEIN
- 19% FAT
Vitamins: romaine lettuce vs arugula
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): romaine lettuce 64% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): arugula 28% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): romaine lettuce 3% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B6: romaine lettuce 1% more than arugula
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): arugula 71224% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium C: arugula 275% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium E: arugula 231% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium K: arugula 105337% more than romaine lettuce
Minerals: arugula vs romaine lettuce
Compares of arugula
- Arugula vs Asparagus
- Arugula vs Beetroot
- Arugula vs Bok Choy
- Arugula vs Broccoli
- Arugula vs Rapini
- Arugula vs Brussels Sprouts
- see all compares of arugula
Compares of romaine lettuce
- Calories from Arugula
- Calories of Asparagus
- Calories in Bamboo shoots
- Basella calories per 100g
- Beetroot carbs per 100g
- Red bell pepper protein per 100g
- Bitter melon fat per 100g
- How many calories does bok choy have?
- Calories in a half of broccoli
- Calories in whole broccoli
- Calories for one, two or more broccoli
- How much protein in rapini?