Romaine Lettuce vs Iceberg Lettuce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Iceberg lettuce vs. Romaine lettuce
Romaine lettuce and iceberg lettuce are both popular types of lettuce. Romaine lettuce has a higher nutritional value than iceberg lettuce, with more vitamins A, C, and K.
It also has more fiber and iron. Iceberg lettuce is lower in calories than romaine, and has a higher water content.
Both lettuces are low in fat and sodium, and are a good source of folate. Romaine lettuce has a more robust flavor than iceberg lettuce, which some people prefer. In general, iceberg lettuce is less expensive than romaine lettuce.
Overall, both lettuces are healthy choices. It may come down to personal preference in terms of taste and price when deciding which one to purchase.
More Calories in Romaine lettuce
At first glance, you can see that in romaine lettuce is more calories than in iceberg lettuce.
Romaine lettuce has 17 kcal per 100g and iceberg lettuce 14 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 21%.
In romaine lettuce and in iceberg lettuce most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare romaine lettuce with iceberg lettuce in details.
Romaine lettuce And Iceberg lettuce Nutrition Difference
romaine lettuce - 21% more than iceberg lettuce
romaine lettuce - 11% more than iceberg lettuce
romaine lettuce - 114% more than iceberg lettuce
- Dietary fiber:
romaine lettuce - 75% more than iceberg lettuce
romaine lettuce - 37% more than iceberg lettuce
iceberg lettuce - 1% more than romaine lettuce
Iceberg lettuce vs Romaine lettuce: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Romaine lettuce||Iceberg lettuce|
|Carbohydrates||3.29 g||2.97 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.14 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.1 g||1.2 g|
|Protein||1.23 g||0.9 g|
|Water||94.61 g||95.64 g|
|Calcium||33 mg||18 mg|
|Iron||0.97 mg||0.41 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||247 mg||141 mg|
|Sodium||8 mg||10 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.072 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.067 mg||0.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.313 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.074 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.136 mg||0.029 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.103 mg||0.024 mg|
More protein in romaine lettuce
It is aslo easy to see see that in romaine lettuce is more protein than in iceberg lettuce.
There is 0.9g per 100g of iceberg lettuce and 1.23g per 100g of romaine lettuce so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37%.
More carbohydrates in romaine lettuce
In romaine lettuce is more carbohydrates than in iceberg lettuce.
There is 2.97g/100g of carbohydrates in iceberg lettuce and 3.29g/100g in romaine lettuce so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 11%.
More fat in romaine lettuce
In romaine lettuce is more fats than in iceberg lettuce.
The tables above show us that there is 0.14g/100g of fats in iceberg lettuce and 0.3g/100g in romaine lettuce. In this case difference is about 114%.
- Carbohydrates3.29 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber2.1 g
- Protein1.23 g
- Water94.61 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup | 1 lettuce
- 63% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 13% FAT
Vitamins: iceberg lettuce vs romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
romaine lettuce - 76% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
romaine lettuce - 168% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
romaine lettuce - 154% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium B6:
romaine lettuce - 76% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
romaine lettuce - 369% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium C:
romaine lettuce - 43% more than iceberg lettuce
- Vitaminium E:
iceberg lettuce - 38% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium K:
romaine lettuce - 329% more than iceberg lettuce
Minerals: romaine lettuce vs iceberg lettuce
Compares of romaine lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce vs Arugula
- Romaine Lettuce vs Bok Choy
- Romaine Lettuce vs Broccoli
- Romaine Lettuce vs Cabbage
- Romaine Lettuce vs Endive
- Romaine Lettuce vs Kale
- see all compares of romaine lettuce
Compares of iceberg lettuce
- Calories from Romaine lettuce
- Calories of Millet flour
- Calories in Bagel with cheese and bacon
- Boiled potato calories per 100g
- Fried chicken liver carbs per 100g
- Roasted turkey protein per 100g
- Dried apple fat per 100g
- How many calories does yellow rice have?
- Calories in a half of bread roll
- Calories in whole bread roll
- Calories for one, two or more bread rolls
- Calories in slice of bread roll
- How much protein in buckwheat pancake?
- Edamame vs Garbanzo Beans nutrition
- Grape Tomato vs Roma Tomato calories
- Pinto Beans vs Garbanzo Beans protein
- Pinto Beans vs Kidney Beans sugar
- Pinto Beans vs Black Eyed Peas vitamins
- Iceberg Lettuce vs Salad Greens dietary fiber
- Yellow Squash vs Acorn Squash vitaminium C
- Jalapeno vs Yellow Bell Pepper magnessium
- Jalapeno vs Sweet Pepper potassium