Edam Cheese vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Edam cheese vs cheddar - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is more calories than in cheddar.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15 %.
In Edam cheese and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
Edam cheese or cheddar - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cheddar - 15% more than Edam cheese
- Carbohydrates: cheddar - 49% more than Edam cheese
- Fat: cheddar - 18% more than Edam cheese
- Protein: Edam cheese - 3% more than cheddar
- Water: Edam cheese - 13% more than cheddar
Edam cheese vs cheddar nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Cheddar|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||24.25 g|
|Water||41 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is more protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3 %.
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 49 %.
In Edam cheese is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 18 %.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with cheddar in details.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Edam cheese 37% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar 12% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Edam cheese 110% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: Edam cheese 1% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar 69% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 225% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 0% more than Edam cheese
Minerals: Edam cheese vs cheddar
Compares of Edam cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Brie
- Edam Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Edam Cheese vs Parmesan
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- see all compares of Edam cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Blackberry juice
- Rum calories per 100g
- Soy sauce carbs per 100g
- Smoked sausage protein per 100g
- Gyoza dumplings fat per 100g
- How many calories does funnel cake have?
- Calories in a half of Jm Beam
- Calories in whole Jm Beam
- Calories for one, two or more Jm Beam
- Calories in glass of Jm Beam
- Calories in cup of Jm Beam
- Calories in shot (small glass) of Jm Beam
- How much protein in fudge?
- Edam Cheese vs Mozzarella nutrition
- Edam Cheese vs Halloumi calories
- Feta Cheese vs Gouda Cheese protein
- Feta Cheese vs Parmesan sugar
- Feta Cheese vs Swiss Cheese vitamins
- Feta Cheese vs Egg dietary fiber
- Feta Cheese vs Boiled Egg vitaminium C
- Feta Cheese vs Butter magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Goat Cheese potassium