Edam Cheese vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Edam cheese vs cheddar - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is less calories than in cheddar.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15 %.
In Edam cheese and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
Edam cheese or cheddar - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cheddar - 15% more than Edam cheese.
- Carbohydrates: cheddar - 49% more than Edam cheese.
- Fat: cheddar - 18% more than Edam cheese.
- Protein: Edam cheese - 3% more than cheddar.
- Water: Edam cheese - 12% more than cheddar.
Edam cheese vs cheddar: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Cheddar|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||24.25 g|
|Water||41 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is more protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3 %.
Where is more carbs?
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 49 %.
Where is more fats?
In Edam cheese is less fats than in cheddar.
Tables below show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 18 %.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with cheddar in details.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Edam cheese or cheddar - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Edam cheese - 27% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar - 12% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Edam cheese - 52% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B6: Edam cheese - 1% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar - 69% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium E: cheddar - 225% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium K: cheddar - 0% more than Edam cheese.
Edam cheese or cheddar - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: Edam cheese - 3% more than cheddar.
- Iron: Edam cheese - 64% more than cheddar.
- Magnessium: Edam cheese - 10% more than cheddar.
- Phosphorus: cheddar - 4% more than Edam cheese.
- Potassium: Edam cheese - 60% more than cheddar.
- Sodium: Edam cheese - 34% more than cheddar.
- Zink: cheddar - 4% more than Edam cheese.
Compares of Edam cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Camembert vs Edam Cheese
- White Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- White Cheese (Lowfat) vs Edam Cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Dried apricots
- Gin calories per 100g
- Peanut butter carbs per 100g
- Peach cobbler protein per 100g
- Ranch dip fat per 100g
- How many calories does venison have?
- Calories in a half of bing cherries
- Calories in whole bing cherries
- Calories for one, two or more bing cherries
- Calories in handful of bing cherries
- How much protein in flatbread?
- Edam Cheese vs Margarine nutrition
- Edam Cheese vs Mozzarella calories
- Edam Cheese vs Halloumi protein
- Edam Cheese vs Mascarpone sugar
- Edam Cheese vs Smoked Cheese vitamins
- Edam Cheese vs Scrambled Egg dietary fiber
- Edam Cheese vs Kefir vitaminium C
- Edam Cheese vs Omelette magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Gouda Cheese potassium