Couscous vs Rice (White): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Couscous vs rice - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is more calories than in rice.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and rice 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 16 %.
In couscous and in rice most calories came from carbs.
couscous or rice - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: rice - 16% more than couscous
- Carbohydrates: rice - 21% more than couscous
- Fat: rice - 75% more than couscous
- Dietary fiber: couscous - 250% more than rice
- Protein: couscous - 41% more than rice
- Water: couscous - 6% more than rice
Couscous vs rice nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Couscous||Rice (white)|
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||28.17 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||0.28 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||2.69 g|
|Water||72.57 g||68.44 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||12 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||3 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||35 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.013 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.04 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is more protein than in rice.
There is 2.69g per 100g of rice and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 41 %.
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in rice.
There is 28.17g/100g of carbohydrates in rice and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 21 %.
In couscous is less fats than in rice.
The tables above show us that there is 0.28g/100g of fats in rice and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 75 %.
See tables below to compare couscous with rice in details.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: rice vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): couscous 215% more than rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): couscous 108% more than rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): couscous 146% more than rice
- Vitaminium B6: rice 82% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): couscous 400% more than rice
- Vitaminium E: couscous 225% more than rice
Minerals: couscous vs rice
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of rice
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Gouda cheese
- Avocado oil calories per 100g
- Dried cranberries carbs per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) protein per 100g
- Horseflesh fat per 100g
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How much protein in Grey Goose vodka?