Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is just a little less calories than in poppy seed.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and poppy seed 525 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8%.
In chia seeds and in poppy seed most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with poppy seed in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Poppy seed Nutrition Difference
Poppy seed vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Poppy seed|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||28.13 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||41.56 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||19.5 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||17.99 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||1438 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||9.76 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||347 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||870 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||719 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||26 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||7.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.854 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||0.896 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||82 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||1.77 mg|
Less protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in poppy seed.
There is 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in poppy seed.
There is 28.13g/100g of carbohydrates in poppy seed and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 50%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in poppy seed.
The tables above show us that there is 41.56g/100g of fats in poppy seed and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 35%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: poppy seed vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): poppy seed 38% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 70% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 885% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): poppy seed 67% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 60% more than poppy seed
- Vitaminium E: poppy seed 254% more than chia seeds
Minerals: chia seeds vs poppy seed
- Calcium: poppy seed 128% more than chia seeds
- Iron: poppy seed 26% more than chia seeds
- Magnessium: poppy seed 4% more than chia seeds
- Phosphorus: poppy seed 1% more than chia seeds
- Potassium: poppy seed 77% more than chia seeds
- Sodium: poppy seed 63% more than chia seeds
- Zink: poppy seed 72% more than chia seeds
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of poppy seed
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?