Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chia seeds vs poppy seed - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is just a little less calories than in poppy seed.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and poppy seed 525 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8 %.
In chia seeds and in poppy seed most calories came from fat.
chia seeds or poppy seed - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: poppy seed - 8% more than chia seeds.
- Carbohydrates: chia seeds - 33% more than poppy seed.
- Fat: poppy seed - 35% more than chia seeds.
- Dietary fiber: chia seeds - 43% more than poppy seed.
- Protein: poppy seed - 9% more than chia seeds.
Chia seeds vs poppy seed: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Poppy seed|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||28.13 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||41.56 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||19.5 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||17.99 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||1438 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||9.76 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||347 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||870 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||719 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||26 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||7.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.854 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||0.896 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||82 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||1.77 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in poppy seed.
There is 17.99g per 100g of poppy seed and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in poppy seed.
There is 28.13g/100g of carbohydrates in poppy seed and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 33 %.
Where is more fats?
In chia seeds is less fats than in poppy seed.
Tables below show us that there is 41.56g/100g of fats in poppy seed and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 35 %.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with poppy seed in details.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
chia seeds or poppy seed - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): poppy seed - 38% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds - 41% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds - 90% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): poppy seed - 67% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds - 38% more than poppy seed.
- Vitaminium E: poppy seed - 254% more than chia seeds.
chia seeds or poppy seed - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: poppy seed - 128% more than chia seeds.
- Iron: poppy seed - 26% more than chia seeds.
- Magnessium: poppy seed - 4% more than chia seeds.
- Phosphorus: poppy seed - 1% more than chia seeds.
- Potassium: poppy seed - 77% more than chia seeds.
- Sodium: poppy seed - 63% more than chia seeds.
- Zink: poppy seed - 72% more than chia seeds.
Compares of chia seeds
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
Compares of poppy seed
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?