Chia Seeds vs Tapioca: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is much more calories than in tapioca.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and tapioca 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 274%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chia seeds cames from fat and in tapioca from carbs.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with tapioca in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Tapioca Nutrition Difference
Tapioca vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Tapioca|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||21.69 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||3.88 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||1.95 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||71 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||0.11 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||6 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||145 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.097 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||0.15 mg|
More protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is more protein than in tapioca.
There is 1.95g per 100g of tapioca and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 748%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in tapioca.
There is 21.69g/100g of carbohydrates in tapioca and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 94%.
More fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more fats than in tapioca.
The tables above show us that there is 3.88g/100g of fats in tapioca and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 692%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: tapioca vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 2483% more than tapioca
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 75% more than tapioca
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 13485% more than tapioca
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chia seeds 1633233% more than tapioca
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 433% more than tapioca
- Vitaminium E: chia seeds 233% more than tapioca
Minerals: chia seeds vs tapioca
- Calcium: chia seeds 789% more than tapioca
- Iron: chia seeds 6918% more than tapioca
- Magnessium: chia seeds 5483% more than tapioca
- Phosphorus: chia seeds 214900% more than tapioca
- Potassium: chia seeds 342% more than tapioca
- Sodium: tapioca 806% more than chia seeds
- Zink: chia seeds 1045% more than tapioca
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of tapioca
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?