Chicken vs Flank Steak: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chicken
At first glance, you can see that in chicken is much less calories than in flank steak.
Chicken has 114 kcal per 100g and flank steak 192 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 68%.
In chicken and in flank steak most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare chicken with flank steak in details.
Fact 2: Chicken And Flank steak Nutrition Difference
Flank steak vs Chicken: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken||Flank steak|
|Fat||1.65 g||8.23 g|
|Protein||23.2 g||27.66 g|
|Water||74.86 g||64.17 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||1.74 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||239 mg||339 mg|
|Sodium||68 mg||56 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.068 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.133 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||10.604 mg||7.363 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.54 mg||0.579 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.38 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
Less protein in chicken
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken is less protein than in flank steak.
There is 27.66g per 100g of flank steak and 23.2g per 100g of chicken so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19%.
Less fat in chicken
In chicken is less fats than in flank steak.
The tables above show us that there is 8.23g/100g of fats in flank steak and 1.65g/100g in chicken. In this case difference is about 399%.
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein23.2 g
- Water74.86 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg | wing
- 0% CARBS.
- 86% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: flank steak vs chicken
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): flank steak 10% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): flank steak 45% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken 44% more than flank steak
- Vitaminium B6: flank steak 7% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): flank steak 125% more than chicken
- Vitaminium E: flank steak 73% more than chicken
- Vitaminium K: chicken 100% more than flank steak
Minerals: chicken vs flank steak
Compares of chicken
- Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Liver
- Chicken vs Turkey Meat
- see all compares of chicken
Compares of flank steak
- Calories from Chicken
- Calories of Lemon juice
- Calories in Coffee
- Cocoa calories per 100g
- Stromboli carbs per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan protein per 100g
- Boost, Nutritional drink fat per 100g
- How many calories does gulab jamun have?
- Calories in a half of brandy and cola
- Calories in whole brandy and cola
- Calories for one, two or more brandy and cola
- Calories in glass of brandy and cola
- Calories in cup of brandy and cola
- How much protein in Quaker Oatmeal?
- Chicken vs Venison nutrition
- Chicken vs Oxtail calories
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Thigh protein
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Wing sugar
- Chicken Breast vs Ground Beef vitamins
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Liver dietary fiber
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Drumstick vitaminium C
- Chicken Leg vs Chicken Wing magnessium
- Duck Meat vs Lamb Chop potassium