Brie vs Cream Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Brie
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is just a little less calories than in cream cheese.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and cream cheese 350 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5%.
In Brie and in cream cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare Brie with cream cheese in details.
Brie And Cream cheese Nutrition Difference
Cream cheese vs Brie: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brie||Cream cheese|
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||5.52 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||34.44 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||6.15 g|
|Water||48.42 g||52.62 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||97 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.11 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||9 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||132 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||314 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.23 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.056 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.86 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
More protein in Brie
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is more protein than in cream cheese.
There is 6.15g per 100g of cream cheese and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 237%.
Less carbohydrates in Brie
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in cream cheese.
There is 5.52g/100g of carbohydrates in cream cheese and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1127%.
Less fat in Brie
In Brie is less fats than in cream cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 34.44g/100g of fats in cream cheese and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 24%.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: cream cheese vs Brie
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
Brie - 204% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
Brie - 126% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
Brie - 318% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium B6:
Brie - 320% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
Brie - 622% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium E:
cream cheese - 258% more than Brie
- Vitaminium K:
cream cheese - 0% more than Brie
Compares of Brie
- Brie vs Blue Cheese
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Feta Cheese
- Brie vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Brie
Compares of cream cheese
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Wiener (hot dog)
- Coconut water calories per 100g
- Salmon carbs per 100g
- Nutella protein per 100g
- Paratha fat per 100g
- How many calories does ham steak have?
- Calories in a half of chicken shawarma
- Calories in whole chicken shawarma
- Calories for one, two or more chicken shawarma
- How much protein in chobani yogurt nonfat?
- Camembert vs Cream Cheese nutrition
- White Cheese vs Paneer Cheese calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Cream Cheese protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Paneer Cheese sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese vitamins
- Edam Cheese vs Provolone Cheese dietary fiber
- Feta Cheese vs American Cheese vitaminium C
- Feta Cheese vs Provolone Cheese magnessium
- Feta Cheese vs Cream Cheese potassium