Bok Choy Lettuce vs Romaine Lettuce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bok choy
At first glance, you can see that in bok choy is less calories than in romaine lettuce.
Bok choy has 13 kcal per 100g and romaine lettuce 17 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 31%.
In bok choy and in romaine lettuce most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bok choy with romaine lettuce in details.
Fact 2: Bok choy And Romaine lettuce Nutrition Difference
Romaine lettuce vs Bok choy: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bok choy lettuce||Romaine lettuce|
|Carbohydrates||2.18 g||3.29 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.23 g|
|Calcium||105 mg||33 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.97 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||247 mg|
|Sodium||65 mg||8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.072 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.067 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||0.313 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.194 mg||0.074 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||66 mg||0.136 mg|
|Vitaminium C||45 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium K||45.5 mg||0.103 mg|
More protein in bok choy
It is aslo easy to see see that in bok choy is more protein than in romaine lettuce.
There is 1.23g per 100g of romaine lettuce and 1.5g per 100g of bok choy so using simple math we can see that difference is about 22%.
Less carbohydrates in bok choy
In bok choy is less carbohydrates than in romaine lettuce.
There is 3.29g/100g of carbohydrates in romaine lettuce and 2.18g/100g in bok choy so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51%.
Less fat in bok choy
In bok choy is less fats than in romaine lettuce.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in romaine lettuce and 0.2g/100g in bok choy. In this case difference is about 50%.
- Carbohydrates2.18 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber1 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: romaine lettuce vs bok choy
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): romaine lettuce 80% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bok choy 4% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bok choy 60% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium B6: bok choy 162% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bok choy 48429% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium C: bok choy 1025% more than romaine lettuce
- Vitaminium K: bok choy 44075% more than romaine lettuce
Minerals: bok choy vs romaine lettuce
Compares of bok choy
- Bok Choy vs Artichoke
- Bok Choy vs Arugula
- Bok Choy vs Asparagus
- Bok Choy vs Pepper
- Bok Choy vs Broccoli
- Bok Choy vs Rapini
- see all compares of bok choy
Compares of romaine lettuce
- Calories from Bok choy lettuce
- Calories of Calabash
- Calories in Broccoli
- Rapini calories per 100g
- Brussels sprouts carbs per 100g
- Butternut squash protein per 100g
- Cabbage fat per 100g
- How many calories does carrot have?
- Calories in a half of cauliflower
- Calories in whole cauliflower
- Calories for one, two or more cauliflowers
- How much protein in fodder cabbage?
- Bok Choy vs Collards nutrition
- Broccoli vs Spaghetti Squash calories
- Broccoli vs Romaine Lettuce protein
- Broccoli vs Edamame sugar
- Broccoli vs Iceberg Lettuce vitamins
- Broccoli vs Yellow Squash dietary fiber
- Rapini vs Collards vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Spaghetti Squash magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Buttercup Squash potassium