Bok Choy Lettuce vs Chard: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bok choy
At first glance, you can see that in bok choy is less calories than in chard.
Bok choy has 13 kcal per 100g and chard 19 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 46%.
In bok choy and in chard most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bok choy with chard in details.
Fact 2: Bok choy And Chard Nutrition Difference
Chard vs Bok choy: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bok choy lettuce||Chard|
|Carbohydrates||2.18 g||3.74 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||1.6 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||105 mg||51 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||1.8 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||81 mg|
|Phosphorus||37 mg||46 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||379 mg|
|Sodium||65 mg||213 mg|
|Zink||0.19 mg||0.39 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.088 mg||0.172 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.194 mg||0.99 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||66 mg||14 mg|
|Vitaminium C||45 mg||30 mg|
|Vitaminium K||45.5 mg||830 mg|
|Beta karoten||2681 mg||45 mg|
Less protein in bok choy
It is aslo easy to see see that in bok choy is less protein than in chard.
There is 3.27g per 100g of chard and 1.5g per 100g of bok choy so using simple math we can see that difference is about 118%.
Less carbohydrates in bok choy
In bok choy is less carbohydrates than in chard.
There is 3.74g/100g of carbohydrates in chard and 2.18g/100g in bok choy so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 72%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in bok choy and chard - 0.2g/100g.
- Carbohydrates2.18 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber1 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: chard vs bok choy
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chard 0% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chard 29% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bok choy 25% more than chard
- Vitaminium B5: chard 95% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B6: chard 410% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bok choy 371% more than chard
- Vitaminium C: bok choy 50% more than chard
- Vitaminium K: chard 1724% more than bok choy
- Beta karoten: bok choy 5858% more than chard
Minerals: bok choy vs chard
Compares of bok choy
- Bok Choy vs Artichoke
- Bok Choy vs Arugula
- Bok Choy vs Asparagus
- Bok Choy vs Pepper
- Bok Choy vs Broccoli
- Bok Choy vs Rapini
- see all compares of bok choy
Compares of chard
- Calories from Bok choy lettuce
- Calories of Calabash
- Calories in Broccoli
- Rapini calories per 100g
- Brussels sprouts carbs per 100g
- Butternut squash protein per 100g
- Cabbage fat per 100g
- How many calories does carrot have?
- Calories in a half of cauliflower
- Calories in whole cauliflower
- Calories for one, two or more cauliflowers
- How much protein in fodder cabbage?