Salad Chicory vs Chard: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Salad chicory
At first glance, you can see that in salad chicory is more calories than in chard.
Salad chicory has 23 kcal per 100g and chard 19 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 21%.
In salad chicory and in chard most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare salad chicory with chard in details.
Fact 2: Salad chicory And Chard Nutrition Difference
Chard vs Salad chicory: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Salad chicory||Chard|
|Carbohydrates||4.48 g||3.74 g|
|Fat||0.25 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||1.6 g|
|Protein||1.43 g||3.27 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||51 mg|
|Iron||0.57 mg||1.8 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||81 mg|
|Phosphorus||40 mg||46 mg|
|Potassium||302 mg||379 mg|
|Sodium||22 mg||213 mg|
|Zink||0.62 mg||0.39 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.016 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.028 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.255 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.269 mg||0.172 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.057 mg||0.99 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||60 mg||14 mg|
|Vitaminium C||8 mg||30 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.26 mg||1.89 mg|
|Vitaminium K||255.2 mg||830 mg|
Less protein in salad chicory
It is aslo easy to see see that in salad chicory is less protein than in chard.
There is 3.27g per 100g of chard and 1.43g per 100g of salad chicory so using simple math we can see that difference is about 129%.
More carbohydrates in salad chicory
In salad chicory is more carbohydrates than in chard.
There is 3.74g/100g of carbohydrates in chard and 4.48g/100g in salad chicory so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 20%.
More fat in salad chicory
In salad chicory is more fats than in chard.
The tables above show us that there is 0.2g/100g of fats in chard and 0.25g/100g in salad chicory. In this case difference is about 25%.
- Carbohydrates4.48 g
- Fat0.25 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein1.43 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped
- 69% CARBS.
- 22% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: chard vs salad chicory
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chard 150% more than salad chicory
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chard 221% more than salad chicory
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chard 57% more than salad chicory
- Vitaminium B5: salad chicory 56% more than chard
- Vitaminium B6: chard 1637% more than salad chicory
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salad chicory 329% more than chard
- Vitaminium C: chard 275% more than salad chicory
- Vitaminium E: salad chicory 20% more than chard
- Vitaminium K: chard 225% more than salad chicory
Minerals: salad chicory vs chard
Compares of salad chicory
- Salad Chicory vs Arugula
- Salad Chicory vs Bok Choy
- Salad Chicory vs Broccoli
- Salad Chicory vs Rapini
- Salad Chicory vs Fennel
- Salad Chicory vs Kale
- see all compares of salad chicory
Compares of chard
- Calories from Salad chicory
- Calories of Radish
- Calories in Rhubarb
- Salsify calories per 100g
- Shallot carbs per 100g
- Spinach protein per 100g
- Corn fat per 100g
- How many calories does sweet potato have?
- Calories in a half of tomato
- Calories in whole tomato
- Calories for one, two or more tomatoes
- Calories in slice of tomato
- How much protein in turnip?