Mozzarella Cheese vs American Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Mozzarella
At first glance, you can see that in mozzarella is less calories than in american cheese.
Mozzarella has 280 kcal per 100g and american cheese 307 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In mozzarella and in american cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare mozzarella with american cheese in details.
Fact 2: Mozzarella And American cheese Nutrition Difference
American cheese vs Mozzarella: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Mozzarella cheese||American cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.1 g||8.85 g|
|Fat||17.1 g||23.06 g|
|Protein||27.5 g||16.09 g|
|Water||49.9 g||45.07 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||1375 mg|
|Iron||0.25 mg||0.95 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||95 mg||295 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||1279 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.34 mg||0.425 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.12 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.08 mg||0.124 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.009 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.15 mg||0.84 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in mozzarella
It is aslo easy to see see that in mozzarella is more protein than in american cheese.
There is 16.09g per 100g of american cheese and 27.5g per 100g of mozzarella so using simple math we can see that difference is about 71%.
Less carbohydrates in mozzarella
In mozzarella is less carbohydrates than in american cheese.
There is 8.85g/100g of carbohydrates in american cheese and 3.1g/100g in mozzarella so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 185%.
Less fat in mozzarella
In mozzarella is less fats than in american cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 23.06g/100g of fats in american cheese and 17.1g/100g in mozzarella. In this case difference is about 35%.
- Carbohydrates3.1 g
- Fat17.1 g
- Protein27.5 g
- Water49.9 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice | cup | half cup
- 4% CARBS.
- 40% PROTEIN
- 56% FAT
Vitamins: american cheese vs mozzarella
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): american cheese 100% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): american cheese 25% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): american cheese 42% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium B6: american cheese 55% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): american cheese 100% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium E: american cheese 460% more than mozzarella
- Vitaminium K: american cheese 50% more than mozzarella
Minerals: mozzarella vs american cheese
Compares of mozzarella
- Mozzarella vs Blue Cheese
- Mozzarella vs Brie
- Mozzarella vs Camembert
- Mozzarella vs White Cheese
- Mozzarella vs Cottage Cheese
- Mozzarella vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of mozzarella
Compares of american cheese
- Calories from Mozzarella cheese
- Calories of Vermouth
- Calories in French baguette
- Calamari rings calories per 100g
- Animal crackers carbs per 100g
- Prosciutto protein per 100g
- Vanilla latte fat per 100g
- How many calories does Chex Mix have?
- Calories in a half of raisin bran
- Calories in whole raisin bran
- Calories for one, two or more raisin bran
- How much protein in gnocchi with cheese?
- Mozzarella vs Provolone Cheese nutrition
- Mozzarella vs Paneer Cheese calories
- Mozzarella vs Ricotta Cheese protein
- Mozzarella vs Queso Fresco Cheese sugar
- Mozzarella vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese vitamins
- Halloumi vs Paneer Cheese dietary fiber
- Halloumi vs Queso Fresco Cheese vitaminium C
- Mascarpone vs Cream Cheese magnessium
- Mascarpone vs Ricotta Cheese potassium