American Cheese vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in American cheese
At first glance, you can see that in american cheese is less calories than in sharp cheddar cheese.
American cheese has 307 kcal per 100g and sharp cheddar cheese 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 34%.
In american cheese and in sharp cheddar cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare american cheese with sharp cheddar cheese in details.
Fact 2: American cheese And Sharp cheddar cheese Nutrition Difference
- Calories: sharp cheddar cheese - 34% more than american cheese
- Carbohydrates: american cheese - 315% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Fat: sharp cheddar cheese - 47% more than american cheese
- Protein: sharp cheddar cheese - 51% more than american cheese
- Water: american cheese - 25% more than sharp cheddar cheese
Sharp cheddar cheese vs American cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||American cheese||Sharp cheddar cheese|
|Carbohydrates||8.85 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||23.06 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||16.09 g||24.25 g|
|Water||45.07 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||1375 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.95 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||27 mg|
|Potassium||295 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||1279 mg||644 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.425 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.17 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.124 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.018 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.84 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in american cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in american cheese is less protein than in sharp cheddar cheese.
There is 24.25g per 100g of sharp cheddar cheese and 16.09g per 100g of american cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 51%.
More carbohydrates in american cheese
In american cheese is more carbohydrates than in sharp cheddar cheese.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in sharp cheddar cheese and 8.85g/100g in american cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 315%.
Less fat in american cheese
In american cheese is less fats than in sharp cheddar cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in sharp cheddar cheese and 23.06g/100g in american cheese. In this case difference is about 47%.
- Carbohydrates8.85 g
- Fat23.06 g
- Protein16.09 g
- Water45.07 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | slice | cup | half cup
- 12% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: sharp cheddar cheese vs american cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): american cheese 48% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sharp cheddar cheese 2% more than american cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): american cheese 336% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B6: american cheese 65% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sharp cheddar cheese 50% more than american cheese
- Vitaminium E: american cheese 8% more than sharp cheddar cheese
- Vitaminium K: american cheese 50% more than sharp cheddar cheese
Minerals: american cheese vs sharp cheddar cheese
Compares of american cheese
- American Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- American Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- American Cheese vs Swiss Cheese
- American Cheese vs Cheddar
- American Cheese vs Mozzarella
- American Cheese vs Provolone Cheese
- see all compares of american cheese
Compares of sharp cheddar cheese
- see all compares of sharp cheddar cheese
- Calories from American cheese
- Calories of Coleslaw by KFC
- Calories in Taco Bell Taco
- Ribeye steak calories per 100g
- Bud Light carbs per 100g
- Cooked cauliflower protein per 100g
- Grilled t-bone steak fat per 100g
- How many calories does boiled beef have?
- Calories in handful of green peas
- Calories in bunch of green peas
- How much protein in bread pudding?
- Provolone Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese nutrition
- Cream Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese calories
- Paneer Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese protein
- Paneer Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese sugar
- Chobani Yogurt vs Chobani Yogurt Nonfat vitamins
- Ricotta Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese dietary fiber
- Cod Fillet vs Mahi Mahi vitaminium C
- Cod Fillet vs Haddock magnessium
- Halibut vs Mahi Mahi potassium