Feta Cheese vs Ricotta Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Feta cheese
At first glance, you can see that in feta cheese is much more calories than in ricotta cheese.
Feta cheese has 265 kcal per 100g and ricotta cheese 156 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 70%.
In feta cheese and in ricotta cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare feta cheese with ricotta cheese in details.
Fact 2: Feta cheese And Ricotta cheese Nutrition Difference
Ricotta cheese vs Feta cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Feta cheese||Ricotta cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.88 g||4.09 g|
|Fat||21.49 g||10.44 g|
|Protein||14.21 g||11.32 g|
|Water||55.22 g||73.06 g|
|Calcium||493 mg||240 mg|
|Iron||0.65 mg||0.41 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||62 mg||115 mg|
|Sodium||1139 mg||92 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.154 mg||0.017 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.844 mg||0.19 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.991 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.424 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.032 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.18 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in feta cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in feta cheese is more protein than in ricotta cheese.
There is 11.32g per 100g of ricotta cheese and 14.21g per 100g of feta cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
Less carbohydrates in feta cheese
In feta cheese is less carbohydrates than in ricotta cheese.
There is 4.09g/100g of carbohydrates in ricotta cheese and 3.88g/100g in feta cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in feta cheese
In feta cheese is more fats than in ricotta cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 10.44g/100g of fats in ricotta cheese and 21.49g/100g in feta cheese. In this case difference is about 106%.
- Carbohydrates3.88 g
- Fat21.49 g
- Protein14.21 g
- Water55.22 g
100g | ounce | cup | half cup | cube
- 6% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: ricotta cheese vs feta cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): feta cheese 806% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): feta cheese 344% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): feta cheese 989% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B6: feta cheese 1225% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): feta cheese 167% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium E: feta cheese 100% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium K: feta cheese 100% more than ricotta cheese
Minerals: feta cheese vs ricotta cheese
Compares of feta cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Brie
- Feta Cheese vs Camembert
- Feta Cheese vs White Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of feta cheese
Compares of ricotta cheese
- Calories from Feta cheese
- Calories of Oil (sunflower)
- Calories in Dried cherries
- Vodka calories per 100g
- Veal carbs per 100g
- Persian cucumber protein per 100g
- Tortellini fat per 100g
- How many calories does celery stalk have?
- Calories in a half of flan
- Calories in whole flan
- Calories for one, two or more flan
- Calories in tablespoon of flan
- Calories in slice of flan
- How much protein in rice and chicken?
- Feta Cheese vs Queso Fresco Cheese nutrition
- Gouda Cheese vs American Cheese calories
- Gouda Cheese vs Provolone Cheese protein
- Parmesan vs Provolone Cheese sugar
- Parmesan vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese vitamins
- Swiss Cheese vs American Cheese dietary fiber
- Swiss Cheese vs Provolone Cheese vitaminium C
- Swiss Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese magnessium
- Whole Milk vs Coconut Milk potassium