Gouda Cheese vs American Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Gouda cheese
At first glance, you can see that in gouda cheese is more calories than in american cheese.
Gouda cheese has 356 kcal per 100g and american cheese 307 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 16%.
In gouda cheese and in american cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare gouda cheese with american cheese in details.
Fact 2: Gouda cheese And American cheese Nutrition Difference
American cheese vs Gouda cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Gouda cheese||American cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.22 g||8.85 g|
|Fat||27.44 g||23.06 g|
|Protein||24.94 g||16.09 g|
|Water||41.46 g||45.07 g|
|Calcium||700 mg||1375 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.95 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||34 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||295 mg|
|Sodium||819 mg||1279 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.334 mg||0.425 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.063 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.08 mg||0.124 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.84 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.003 mg|
More protein in gouda cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in gouda cheese is more protein than in american cheese.
There is 16.09g per 100g of american cheese and 24.94g per 100g of gouda cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 55%.
Less carbohydrates in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is less carbohydrates than in american cheese.
There is 8.85g/100g of carbohydrates in american cheese and 2.22g/100g in gouda cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 299%.
More fat in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is more fats than in american cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 23.06g/100g of fats in american cheese and 27.44g/100g in gouda cheese. In this case difference is about 19%.
- Carbohydrates2.22 g
- Fat27.44 g
- Protein24.94 g
- Water41.46 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 69% FAT
Vitamins: american cheese vs gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): american cheese 33% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): american cheese 27% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): american cheese 170% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B6: american cheese 55% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): gouda cheese 17% more than american cheese
- Vitaminium E: american cheese 250% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium K: american cheese 50% more than gouda cheese
Minerals: gouda cheese vs american cheese
Compares of gouda cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Brie
- Gouda Cheese vs Camembert
- Gouda Cheese vs White Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of gouda cheese
Compares of american cheese
- Calories from Gouda cheese
- Calories of Avocado oil
- Calories in Dried cranberries
- Whisky (whiskey) calories per 100g
- Horseflesh carbs per 100g
- Sierra Mist protein per 100g
- Pumpkin bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does coconut flour have?
- Calories in a half of cooked wild rice
- Calories in whole cooked wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more cooked wild rice
- How much protein in cooked soba noodles?
- Gouda Cheese vs Provolone Cheese nutrition
- Parmesan vs Provolone Cheese calories
- Parmesan vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese protein
- Swiss Cheese vs American Cheese sugar
- Swiss Cheese vs Provolone Cheese vitamins
- Swiss Cheese vs Pepper Jack Cheese dietary fiber
- Whole Milk vs Coconut Milk vitaminium C
- Whole Milk vs Skimmed Milk magnessium
- Whole Milk vs 1% Milk potassium