Cabbage vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cabbage
At first glance, you can see that in cabbage is much less calories than in yam.
Cabbage has 25 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 332%.
In cabbage and in yam most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cabbage with yam in details.
Fact 2: Cabbage And Yam Nutrition Difference
Yam vs Cabbage: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||5.8 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||40 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.47 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||170 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.061 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.234 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.212 mg||0.314 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.124 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||53 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.6 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium K||76 mg||2.3 mg|
|Beta karoten||42 mg||83 mg|
Less protein in cabbage
It is aslo easy to see see that in cabbage is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1.3g per 100g of cabbage so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18%.
Less carbohydrates in cabbage
In cabbage is less carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 5.8g/100g in cabbage so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 381%.
Less fat in cabbage
In cabbage is less fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.1g/100g in cabbage. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates5.8 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein1.3 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped
- 79% CARBS.
- 18% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs cabbage
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 84% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cabbage 25% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): yam 136% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B5: yam 48% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B6: yam 136% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cabbage 130% more than yam
- Vitaminium C: cabbage 114% more than yam
- Vitaminium K: cabbage 3204% more than yam
- Beta karoten: yam 98% more than cabbage
Minerals: cabbage vs yam
Compares of cabbage
- Cabbage vs Artichoke
- Cabbage vs Arugula
- Cabbage vs Asparagus
- Cabbage vs Bamboo Shoots
- Cabbage vs Beetroot
- Cabbage vs Bok Choy
- see all compares of cabbage
Compares of yam
- Calories from Cabbage
- Calories of Carrot
- Calories in Cassava
- Cauliflower calories per 100g
- Fodder cabbage carbs per 100g
- Cucumber protein per 100g
- Eggplant fat per 100g
- How many calories does endive have?
- Calories in a half of fennel
- Calories in whole fennel
- Calories for one, two or more sennels
- How much protein in kale?