Bok Choy Lettuce vs Watercress: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Bok choy
At first glance, you can see that in bok choy is more calories than in watercress.
Bok choy has 13 kcal per 100g and watercress 11 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in bok choy cames from carbs and in watercress from protein.
See tables below to compare bok choy with watercress in details.
Fact 2: Bok choy And Watercress Nutrition Difference
Watercress vs Bok choy: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bok choy lettuce||Watercress|
|Carbohydrates||2.18 g||1.29 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||0.5 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||2.3 g|
|Calcium||105 mg||120 mg|
|Iron||0.8 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||37 mg||60 mg|
|Potassium||252 mg||330 mg|
|Sodium||65 mg||41 mg|
|Zink||0.19 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.088 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.194 mg||0.129 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||66 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium C||45 mg||43 mg|
|Vitaminium K||45.5 mg||250 mg|
Less protein in bok choy
It is aslo easy to see see that in bok choy is less protein than in watercress.
There is 2.3g per 100g of watercress and 1.5g per 100g of bok choy so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53%.
More carbohydrates in bok choy
In bok choy is more carbohydrates than in watercress.
There is 1.29g/100g of carbohydrates in watercress and 2.18g/100g in bok choy so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69%.
More fat in bok choy
In bok choy is more fats than in watercress.
The tables above show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in watercress and 0.2g/100g in bok choy. In this case difference is about 100%.
- Carbohydrates2.18 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber1 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: watercress vs bok choy
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): watercress 125% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): watercress 71% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bok choy 150% more than watercress
- Vitaminium B5: watercress 252% more than bok choy
- Vitaminium B6: bok choy 50% more than watercress
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): bok choy 633% more than watercress
- Vitaminium C: bok choy 5% more than watercress
- Vitaminium K: watercress 449% more than bok choy
Minerals: bok choy vs watercress
Compares of bok choy
- Bok Choy vs Artichoke
- Bok Choy vs Arugula
- Bok Choy vs Asparagus
- Bok Choy vs Pepper
- Bok Choy vs Broccoli
- Bok Choy vs Rapini
- see all compares of bok choy
Compares of watercress
- Calories from Bok choy lettuce
- Calories of Calabash
- Calories in Broccoli
- Rapini calories per 100g
- Brussels sprouts carbs per 100g
- Butternut squash protein per 100g
- Cabbage fat per 100g
- How many calories does carrot have?
- Calories in a half of cauliflower
- Calories in whole cauliflower
- Calories for one, two or more cauliflowers
- How much protein in fodder cabbage?