Salmon vs Trout: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Salmon vs trout - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in salmon is more calories than in trout.
Salmon has 208 kcal per 100g and trout 141 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 48 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in salmon cames from fat and in trout from protein.
salmon or trout - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 48% more than trout
- Fat: salmon - 117% more than trout
- Protein: salmon - 2% more than trout
- Water: trout - 14% more than salmon
Salmon vs trout nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||13.42 g||6.18 g|
|Protein||20.42 g||19.94 g|
|Water||64.89 g||73.8 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||25 mg|
|Iron||0.34 mg||0.31 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||363 mg||377 mg|
|Sodium||59 mg||51 mg|
|Zink||0.5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.207 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.155 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.672 mg||5.567 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.636 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.026 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium C||3.9 mg||2.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.55 mg||2.34 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in salmon is more protein than in trout.
There is 19.94g per 100g of trout and 20.42g per 100g of salmon so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in salmon and trout - 0g/100g.
In salmon is more fats than in trout.
The tables above show us that there is 6.18g/100g of fats in trout and 13.42g/100g in salmon. In this case difference is about 117 %.
See tables below to compare salmon with trout in details.
- Fat13.42 g
- Protein20.42 g
- Water64.89 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 40% PROTEIN
- 60% FAT
Vitamins: trout vs salmon
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 73% more than trout
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 72% more than trout
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon 56% more than trout
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 87% more than trout
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 136% more than trout
- Vitaminium C: salmon 34% more than trout
- Vitaminium E: salmon 52% more than trout
Minerals: salmon vs trout
Compares of salmon
- Salmon vs Anchovy
- Salmon vs Carp
- Salmon vs Cod Fillet
- Salmon vs Eel
- Salmon vs Flounder
- Salmon vs Halibut
- see all compares of salmon
Compares of trout
- Calories from Salmon
- Calories of Nutella
- Calories in Paratha
- Ham steak calories per 100g
- Spanakopita carbs per 100g
- Chicken shawarma protein per 100g
- Chobani yogurt nonfat fat per 100g
- How many calories does crayfish have?
- Calories in a half of crab salad
- Calories in whole crab salad
- Calories for one, two or more crab salad
- How much protein in chef salad?
- Salmon vs Tilapia nutrition
- Trout vs Tilapia calories
- Apple Juice vs Grape Juice protein
- Apple Juice vs Lemon Juice sugar
- Apple Juice vs Orange Juice vitamins
- Apple Juice vs Cherry Juice dietary fiber
- Apple Juice vs Grapefruit Juice vitaminium C
- Apple Juice vs Pineapple Juice magnessium
- Apple Juice vs Carrot Juice potassium