Cod vs Alaska Pollock (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cod fillet
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is less calories than in Alaska pollock.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and Alaska pollock 92 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 12%.
In cod fillet and in Alaska pollack most calories came from protein.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with Alaska pollock in details.
Fact 2: Cod fillet And Alaska pollock Nutrition Difference
Alaska pollock vs Cod fillet: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Alaska pollock (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||0.98 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||19.44 g|
|Water||81.22 g||78.18 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||60 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.46 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||67 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||356 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||86 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.047 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.185 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||3.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.287 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.23 mg|
Less protein in cod fillet
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is less protein than in Alaska pollock.
There is 19.44g per 100g of Alaska pollock and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
Less fat in cod fillet
In cod fillet is less fats than in Alaska pollock.
The tables above show us that there is 0.98g/100g of fats in Alaska pollock and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 46%.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: Alaska pollock vs cod fillet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet 62% more than Alaska pollock
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Alaska pollock 185% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Alaska pollock 59% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B6: Alaska pollock 17% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet 133% more than Alaska pollock
- Vitaminium E: cod fillet 178% more than Alaska pollock
Minerals: cod fillet vs Alaska pollock
- Calcium: Alaska pollock 275% more than cod fillet
- Iron: Alaska pollock 21% more than cod fillet
- Magnessium: Alaska pollock 109% more than cod fillet
- Phosphorus: Alaska pollock 0% more than cod fillet
- Potassium: cod fillet 16% more than Alaska pollock
- Sodium: Alaska pollock 59% more than cod fillet
- Zink: Alaska pollock 0% more than cod fillet
Compares of cod fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Anchovy
- Cod Fillet vs Carp
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- see all compares of cod fillet
Compares of Alaska pollack
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?