Fried Egg vs Boiled Egg (Hard Or Soft): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Fried egg
At first glance, you can see that in fried egg is more calories than in boiled egg.
Fried egg has 196 kcal per 100g and boiled egg 155 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 26%.
In fried egg and in boiled egg most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare fried egg with boiled egg in details.
Fact 2: Fried egg And Boiled egg Nutrition Difference
Boiled egg vs Fried egg: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Fried egg||Boiled egg (hard or soft)|
|Carbohydrates||0.83 g||1.12 g|
|Fat||14.84 g||10.61 g|
|Protein||13.61 g||12.58 g|
|Water||69.47 g||74.62 g|
|Calcium||62 mg||50 mg|
|Iron||1.89 mg||1.19 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.6 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||126 mg|
|Sodium||207 mg||124 mg|
|Zink||5.6 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.044 mg||0.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.495 mg||0.513 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.184 mg||0.121 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.051 mg||0.044 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.31 mg||1.03 mg|
More protein in fried egg
It is aslo easy to see see that in fried egg is more protein than in boiled egg.
There is 12.58g per 100g of boiled egg and 13.61g per 100g of fried egg so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less carbohydrates in fried egg
In fried egg is less carbohydrates than in boiled egg.
There is 1.12g/100g of carbohydrates in boiled egg and 0.83g/100g in fried egg so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 35%.
More fat in fried egg
In fried egg is more fats than in boiled egg.
The tables above show us that there is 10.61g/100g of fats in boiled egg and 14.84g/100g in fried egg. In this case difference is about 40%.
- Carbohydrates0.83 g
- Fat14.84 g
- Protein13.61 g
- Water69.47 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 70% FAT
Vitamins: boiled egg vs fried egg
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): boiled egg 50% more than fried egg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): boiled egg 4% more than fried egg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fried egg 28% more than boiled egg
- Vitaminium B6: fried egg 52% more than boiled egg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): fried egg 16% more than boiled egg
- Vitaminium E: fried egg 27% more than boiled egg
Minerals: fried egg vs boiled egg
- Calcium: fried egg 24% more than boiled egg
- Iron: fried egg 59% more than boiled egg
- Magnessium: fried egg 30% more than boiled egg
- Phosphorus: fried egg 1767% more than boiled egg
- Potassium: fried egg 21% more than boiled egg
- Sodium: fried egg 67% more than boiled egg
- Zink: fried egg 1767% more than boiled egg
Compares of fried egg
- Fried Egg vs Swiss Cheese
- Fried Egg vs Egg White
- Fried Egg vs Boiled Egg
- Fried Egg vs Butter
- Fried Egg vs Margarine
- Fried Egg vs Scrambled Egg
- see all compares of fried egg
Compares of boiled egg
- Calories from Fried egg
- Calories of Turkey
- Calories in Pineapple juice
- Flounder (fillet, meat) calories per 100g
- Argan oil carbs per 100g
- Haddock protein per 100g
- Protein bar fat per 100g
- How many calories do udon noodles have?
- Calories in a half of zucchini bread
- Calories in whole zucchini bread
- Calories for one, two or more zucchini bread
- How much protein in caesar chicken wrap?
- Fried Egg vs Butter nutrition
- Fried Egg vs Margarine calories
- Fried Egg vs Scrambled Egg protein
- Fried Egg vs Omelette sugar
- Boiled Egg vs Goat Cheese vitamins
- Boiled Egg vs Natural Yogurt dietary fiber
- Boiled Egg vs Scrambled Egg vitaminium C
- Boiled Egg vs Omelette magnessium
- Butter vs Goat Cheese potassium