Oyster Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Oyster mushrooms
At first glance, you can see that in oyster mushrooms is just a little less calories than in Shiitake mushrooms.
Oyster mushrooms has 33 kcal per 100g and Shiitake mushrooms 34 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In oyster mushroom and in Shiitake mushroom most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare oyster mushrooms with Shiitake mushrooms in details.
Fact 2: Oyster mushrooms And Shiitake mushrooms Nutrition Difference
- Calories: Shiitake mushrooms - 3% more than oyster mushrooms
- Carbohydrates: Shiitake mushrooms - 11% more than oyster mushrooms
- Fat: Shiitake mushrooms - 20% more than oyster mushrooms
- Dietary fiber: Shiitake mushrooms - 9% more than oyster mushrooms
- Protein: oyster mushrooms - 48% more than Shiitake mushrooms
- Water: Shiitake mushrooms - 1% more than oyster mushrooms
Shiitake mushrooms vs Oyster mushrooms: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Oyster mushrooms||Shiitake mushrooms|
|Carbohydrates||6.09 g||6.79 g|
|Fat||0.41 g||0.49 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.3 g||2.5 g|
|Protein||3.31 g||2.24 g|
|Water||89.18 g||89.74 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||2 mg|
|Iron||1.33 mg||0.41 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||420 mg||304 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||9 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.125 mg||0.015 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.349 mg||0.217 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.956 mg||3.877 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.11 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.038 mg||0.013 mg|
More protein in oyster mushrooms
It is aslo easy to see see that in oyster mushrooms is more protein than in Shiitake mushrooms.
There is 2.24g per 100g of Shiitake mushrooms and 3.31g per 100g of oyster mushrooms so using simple math we can see that difference is about 48%.
Less carbohydrates in oyster mushrooms
In oyster mushrooms is less carbohydrates than in Shiitake mushrooms.
There is 6.79g/100g of carbohydrates in Shiitake mushrooms and 6.09g/100g in oyster mushrooms so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 11%.
Less fat in oyster mushrooms
In oyster mushrooms is less fats than in Shiitake mushrooms.
The tables above show us that there is 0.49g/100g of fats in Shiitake mushrooms and 0.41g/100g in oyster mushrooms. In this case difference is about 20%.
- Carbohydrates6.09 g
- Fat0.41 g
- Dietary fiber2.3 g
- Protein3.31 g
- Water89.18 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup | 1 mushroom
- 59% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: Shiitake mushrooms vs oyster mushrooms
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): oyster mushrooms 733% more than Shiitake mushrooms
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oyster mushrooms 61% more than Shiitake mushrooms
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): oyster mushrooms 28% more than Shiitake mushrooms
- Vitaminium B6: Shiitake mushrooms 166% more than oyster mushrooms
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oyster mushrooms 192% more than Shiitake mushrooms
Minerals: oyster mushrooms vs Shiitake mushrooms
Compares of oyster mushroom
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Portabella Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Maitake Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Chanterelle Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms
- see all compares of oyster mushrooms
Compares of Shiitake mushroom
- Calories from Oyster mushrooms
- Calories of Egg salad sandwich
- Calories in Papa Johns Pizza
- Seven and Seven calories per 100g
- Honey Nut Cheerios carbs per 100g
- Lentil soup protein per 100g
- Oats fat per 100g
- How many calories does vegetarian lasagna have?
- Calories in a half of pickle
- Calories in whole pickle
- Calories for one, two or more pickles
- How much protein in banana whip?
- Maitake Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms nutrition
- Shiitake Mushrooms vs White Mushrooms calories
- White Onion vs Green Onions protein
- Green Onions vs Cilantro sugar
- Yellow Bell Pepper vs Sweet Pepper vitamins
- Garbanzo Beans vs Black Eyed Peas dietary fiber
- Kidney Beans vs Black Eyed Peas vitaminium C
- Kidney Beans vs Red Lentils magnessium
- Rutabaga vs Yuca potassium