Jalapeno vs Sweet Pepper: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Less Calories in Jalapeno
At first glance, you can see that in jalapeno is just a little less calories than in sweet pepper.
Jalapeno has 29 kcal per 100g and sweet pepper 31 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7%.
In jalapeno and in sweet pepper most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare jalapeno with sweet pepper in details.
Jalapeno And Sweet pepper Nutrition Difference
Sweet pepper vs Jalapeno: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Jalapeno||Sweet pepper|
|Carbohydrates||6.5 g||6.03 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||0.91 g||0.99 g|
|Water||91.69 g||92.21 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.25 mg||0.43 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||248 mg||211 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.054 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.07 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.28 mg||0.979 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.419 mg||0.291 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.027 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium C||118.6 mg||127.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.58 mg||1.58 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.019 mg||0.005 mg|
Less protein in jalapeno
It is aslo easy to see see that in jalapeno is less protein than in sweet pepper.
There is 0.99g per 100g of sweet pepper and 0.91g per 100g of jalapeno so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
More carbohydrates in jalapeno
In jalapeno is more carbohydrates than in sweet pepper.
There is 6.03g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet pepper and 6.5g/100g in jalapeno so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
More fat in jalapeno
In jalapeno is more fats than in sweet pepper.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in sweet pepper and 0.37g/100g in jalapeno. In this case difference is about 23%.
- Carbohydrates6.5 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein0.91 g
- Water91.69 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup sliced
- 79% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
Vitamins: sweet pepper vs jalapeno
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
sweet pepper - 35% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
sweet pepper - 21% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
jalapeno - 31% more than sweet pepper
- Vitaminium B6:
jalapeno - 44% more than sweet pepper
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
sweet pepper - 70% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium C:
sweet pepper - 8% more than jalapeno
- Vitaminium E:
jalapeno - 127% more than sweet pepper
- Vitaminium K:
jalapeno - 280% more than sweet pepper
Compares of jalapeno
- Jalapeno vs Pepper
- Jalapeno vs Green Olive
- Jalapeno vs Green Pepper
- Jalapeno vs Hot Chili Pepper
- Jalapeno vs Yellow Bell Pepper
- Jalapeno vs Sweet Pepper
- see all compares of jalapeno
Compares of sweet pepper
- Calories from Jalapeno
- Calories of Boba
- Calories in Tacos with meat
- Cookie calories per 100g
- Hotdog bun carbs per 100g
- Edamame protein per 100g
- Peanut flour fat per 100g
- How many calories does gin and tonic have?
- Calories in a half of fried potato
- Calories in whole fried potato
- Calories for one, two or more fried potatoes
- How much protein in grilled chicken thigh?
- Jicama vs Rutabaga nutrition
- Jicama vs Yuca calories
- Portabella Mushrooms vs Oyster Mushrooms protein
- Portabella Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms sugar
- Portabella Mushrooms vs White Mushrooms vitamins
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Maitake Mushrooms dietary fiber
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Chanterelle Mushrooms vitaminium C
- Oyster Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms magnessium
- Maitake Mushrooms vs Shiitake Mushrooms potassium