Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Drumsticks: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Chicken thigh
At first glance, you can see that in chicken thigh is more calories than in chicken drumstick.
Chicken thigh has 226 kcal per 100g and chicken drumstick 161 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 40%.
In chicken thigh and in chicken drumstick most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken thigh with chicken drumstick in details.
Chicken thigh And Chicken drumstick Nutrition Difference
Chicken drumstick vs Chicken thigh: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken thigh||Chicken drumsticks|
|Carbohydrates||0.12 g||0.11 g|
|Fat||15.08 g||9.2 g|
|Protein||22.51 g||18.08 g|
|Water||61.41 g||72.46 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||0.95 mg||0.71 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||18 mg|
|Potassium||255 mg||211 mg|
|Sodium||335 mg||106 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.055 mg||0.083 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.227 mg||0.195 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.732 mg||4.841 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.191 mg||0.345 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.008 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.46 mg||0.19 mg|
More protein in chicken thigh
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken thigh is more protein than in chicken drumstick.
There is 18.08g per 100g of chicken drumstick and 22.51g per 100g of chicken thigh so using simple math we can see that difference is about 25%.
More carbohydrates in chicken thigh
In chicken thigh is more carbohydrates than in chicken drumstick.
There is 0.11g/100g of carbohydrates in chicken drumstick and 0.12g/100g in chicken thigh so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 9%.
More fat in chicken thigh
In chicken thigh is more fats than in chicken drumstick.
The tables above show us that there is 9.2g/100g of fats in chicken drumstick and 15.08g/100g in chicken thigh. In this case difference is about 64%.
- Carbohydrates0.12 g
- Fat15.08 g
- Protein22.51 g
- Water61.41 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 40% PROTEIN
- 60% FAT
Vitamins: chicken drumstick vs chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
chicken drumstick - 51% more than chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
chicken thigh - 16% more than chicken drumstick
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
chicken thigh - 18% more than chicken drumstick
- Vitaminium B6:
chicken drumstick - 81% more than chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid):
chicken thigh - 167% more than chicken drumstick
- Vitaminium E:
chicken thigh - 142% more than chicken drumstick
Minerals: chicken thigh vs chicken drumstick
Compares of chicken thigh
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Wing
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Drumstick
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Leg
- see all compares of chicken thigh
Compares of chicken drumstick
- Calories from Chicken thigh
- Calories of Cooked broccoli raab
- Calories in Fried dumpling (vada)
- Boiled onions calories per 100g
- Frozen mixed vegetables carbs per 100g
- Black Forest Ham protein per 100g
- Gingerbread cookie fat per 100g
- How many calories do chicken tenders have?
- Calories in a half of fish sticks
- Calories in whole fish sticks
- Calories for one, two or more fish sticks
- How much protein in kaiser roll?
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Leg nutrition
- Chicken Wing vs Chicken Drumstick calories
- Ground Beef vs Flank Steak protein
- Ground Beef vs Venison sugar
- Bacon vs Turkey Bacon vitamins
- Ribeye Steak vs Roast Beef dietary fiber
- Ribeye Steak vs Sirloin Steak vitaminium C
- Ribeye Steak vs Brisket magnessium
- Ribeye Steak vs Lamb Chop potassium