Chicken Breast vs Chicken Thigh: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chicken breast
At first glance, you can see that in chicken breast is less calories than in chicken thigh.
Chicken breast has 172 kcal per 100g and chicken thigh 226 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 31%.
In chicken breast and in chicken thigh most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken breast with chicken thigh in details.
Fact 2: Chicken breast And Chicken thigh Nutrition Difference
Chicken thigh vs Chicken breast: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken breast||Chicken thigh|
|Fat||9.25 g||15.08 g|
|Protein||20.85 g||22.51 g|
|Water||69.46 g||61.41 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||16 mg|
|Iron||0.74 mg||0.95 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||220 mg||255 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||335 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.227 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.908 mg||5.732 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.53 mg||0.191 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.008 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.27 mg||0.46 mg|
Less protein in chicken breast
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken breast is less protein than in chicken thigh.
There is 22.51g per 100g of chicken thigh and 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast so using simple math we can see that difference is about 8%.
Less fat in chicken breast
In chicken breast is less fats than in chicken thigh.
The tables above show us that there is 15.08g/100g of fats in chicken thigh and 9.25g/100g in chicken breast. In this case difference is about 63%.
- Fat9.25 g
- Protein20.85 g
- Water69.46 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 50% PROTEIN
- 50% FAT
Vitamins: chicken thigh vs chicken breast
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chicken breast 15% more than chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chicken thigh 167% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken breast 73% more than chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B6: chicken breast 177% more than chicken thigh
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chicken thigh 100% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium E: chicken thigh 70% more than chicken breast
Minerals: chicken breast vs chicken thigh
Compares of chicken breast
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Pork
- see all compares of chicken breast
Compares of chicken thigh
- Calories from Chicken breast
- Calories of Orange juice
- Calories in Cider
- Pork neck calories per 100g
- Tabbouleh carbs per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's protein per 100g
- Kolache fat per 100g
- How many calories does injera have?
- Calories in a half of brandy
- Calories in whole brandy
- Calories for one, two or more brandy
- Calories in glass of brandy
- Calories in cup of brandy
- Calories in shot (small glass) of brandy
- How much protein in salmon patty?
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Wing nutrition
- Chicken Breast vs Ground Beef calories
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Liver protein
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Drumstick sugar
- Chicken Leg vs Chicken Wing vitamins
- Duck Meat vs Lamb Chop dietary fiber
- Goose Liver vs Chicken Liver vitaminium C
- Turkey Meat vs Ground Beef magnessium
- Turkey Meat vs Lamb Chop potassium