Fries (French Fries) vs Popcorn: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fries vs popcorn - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in fries is less calories than in popcorn.
Fries has 312 kcal per 100g and popcorn 387 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 24 %.
In fries and in popcorn most calories came from carbs.
fries or popcorn - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: popcorn - 24% more than fries.
- Carbohydrates: popcorn - 88% more than fries.
- Fat: fries - 69% more than popcorn.
- Dietary fiber: popcorn - 282% more than fries.
- Protein: popcorn - 277% more than fries.
- Water: fries - 91% more than popcorn.
Fries vs popcorn: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Fries (French fries)||Popcorn|
|Carbohydrates||41.44 g||77.78 g|
|Fat||14.73 g||4.54 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.8 g||14.5 g|
|Protein||3.43 g||12.94 g|
|Water||38.55 g||3.32 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.81 mg||3.19 mg|
|Magnessium||35 mg||144 mg|
|Phosphorus||11.2 mg||1.2 mg|
|Potassium||579 mg||329 mg|
|Sodium||210 mg||8 mg|
|Zink||11.2 mg||1.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.17 mg||0.104 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.039 mg||0.083 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.004 mg||2.308 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.372 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.03 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.67 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.011 mg||0.001 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in fries is less protein than in popcorn.
There is 12.94g per 100g of popcorn and 3.43g per 100g of fries so using simple math we can see that difference is about 277 %.
Where is more carbs?
In fries is less carbohydrates than in popcorn.
There is 77.78g/100g of carbohydrates in popcorn and 41.44g/100g in fries so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 88 %.
Where is more fats?
In fries is more fats than in popcorn.
Tables below show us that there is 4.54g/100g of fats in popcorn and 14.73g/100g in fries. In this case difference is about 69 %.
See tables below to compare fries with popcorn in details.
- Carbohydrates41.44 g
- Fat14.73 g
- Dietary fiber3.8 g
- Protein3.43 g
- Water38.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 42% FAT
fries or popcorn - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): fries - 39% more than popcorn.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): popcorn - 113% more than fries.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): fries - 23% more than popcorn.
- Vitaminium B6: fries - 58% more than popcorn.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): popcorn - 3% more than fries.
- Vitaminium E: fries - 83% more than popcorn.
- Vitaminium K: fries - 91% more than popcorn.
fries or popcorn - where is more minerals?
Compares of fries
Compares of popcorn
- Calories from Fries (French fries)
- Calories of White cheese
- Calories in Olive oil
- Sousage calories per 100g
- Almond butter carbs per 100g
- Trout protein per 100g
- Atlantic salmon fat per 100g
- How many calories does rutabaga have?
- Calories in a half of california burrito
- Calories in whole california burrito
- Calories for one, two or more california burrito
- How much protein in chicken tamale?