Whole Milk vs Butter: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Whole milk
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is much less calories than in butter.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and butter 717 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1075%.
In whole milk and in butter most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare whole milk with butter in details.
Fact 2: Whole milk And Butter Nutrition Difference
Butter vs Whole milk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Whole milk||Butter|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||0.06 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||81.11 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||0.85 g|
|Water||88.2 g||16.17 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||24 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.02 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||2.32 mg|
More protein in whole milk
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is more protein than in butter.
There is 0.85g per 100g of butter and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 265%.
More carbohydrates in whole milk
In whole milk is more carbohydrates than in butter.
There is 0.06g/100g of carbohydrates in butter and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7333%.
Less fat in whole milk
In whole milk is less fats than in butter.
The tables above show us that there is 81.11g/100g of fats in butter and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 2244%.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: butter vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): whole milk 300% more than butter
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): whole milk 209% more than butter
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): whole milk 2% more than butter
- Vitaminium B6: whole milk 1033% more than butter
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): whole milk 67% more than butter
- Vitaminium E: butter 2800% more than whole milk
Minerals: whole milk vs butter
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of butter
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?