Sunflower: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Sunflower: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in sunflower?
Case in point, handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 204 calories.
It is about 9% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from handful of sunflower is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3.5 apples
- 2.5 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1.5 glasses of milk
- 10.5 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you would have to bike at least 29 minutes, swim for about 24 minutes or run for 21 minutes.
Sunflower: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in handful, tablespoon or glass of sunflower seeds?
As I wrote before 100g have 584 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. handful, tablespoon or glass of sunflower.
- Handful of sunflower seeds (35g)204 kcal
- Tablespoon of sunflower (15g)88 kcal
- Glass full of sunflower (175g)1022 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of sunflower seeds166 kcal
- 10g of sunflower seeds58 kcal
- 20g of sunflower seeds117 kcal
- 50g of sunflower seeds292 kcal
- 100g of sunflower seeds584 kcal
Protein in sunflower
Sunflower seeds have 20.78 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) you can see that you will get about 7.3 g of protein.
Carbs in sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds have 20 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 7 g of carbs.
Fat in sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds have 51.46 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has about 18 g of fat.
handful of sunflower seeds (35 g) has:204kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
sunflower - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A50 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)1.48 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.355 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)8.335 mg
- Vitaminium B51.13 mg
- Vitaminium B61.345 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)227 mcg
- Vitaminium C1.4 mg
- Vitaminium E35.17 mg
Energy content of sunflower
- 13% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
sunflower - minerals per 100g
- Potassium645 mg
- Phosphorus660 mg
- Magnessium325 mg
- Calcium78 mg
- Sodium9 mg
- Iron5.25 mg
- Zink5 mg
- Beta karoten30 mg
Does sunflower cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Similar to other products number of calories in sunflower puts it in the avarage of seeds. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seeds, sunflower seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does coriander have?
- Calories in handful of dill leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of dill leaves
- Calories in bunch of dill leaves
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in epazote?
- How much fat in garlic?
- How much protein in ginger?
- What is weight of lemongrass?
- Oregano calories per ounce (oz)
- Parsley calories per serving size