Spaghetti Squash vs Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Spaghetti squash
At first glance, you can see that in Spaghetti squash is much less calories than in cooked pasta.
Spaghetti squash has 31 kcal per 100g and cooked pasta 131 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 323%.
In Spaghetti squash and in cooked pasta most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare Spaghetti squash with cooked pasta in details.
Fact 2: Spaghetti squash And Cooked pasta Nutrition Difference
Cooked pasta vs Spaghetti squash : Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Spaghetti squash||Pasta|
|Carbohydrates||6.91 g||24.93 g|
|Fat||0.57 g||1.05 g|
|Protein||0.64 g||5.15 g|
|Water||91.6 g||68.56 g|
|Calcium||23 mg||6 mg|
|Iron||0.31 mg||1.14 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||18 mg|
|Potassium||108 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||17 mg||6 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.018 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.95 mg||0.992 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.101 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.104 mg|
Less protein in Spaghetti squash
It is aslo easy to see see that in Spaghetti squash is less protein than in cooked pasta.
There is 5.15g per 100g of cooked pasta and 0.64g per 100g of Spaghetti squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 705%.
Less carbohydrates in Spaghetti squash
In Spaghetti squash is less carbohydrates than in cooked pasta.
There is 24.93g/100g of carbohydrates in cooked pasta and 6.91g/100g in Spaghetti squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 261%.
Less fat in Spaghetti squash
In Spaghetti squash is less fats than in cooked pasta.
The tables above show us that there is 1.05g/100g of fats in cooked pasta and 0.57g/100g in Spaghetti squash . In this case difference is about 84%.
- Carbohydrates6.91 g
- Fat0.57 g
- Protein0.64 g
- Water91.6 g
100g | ounce | standard serving size | cup | half cup
- 78% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 15% FAT
Vitamins: cooked pasta vs Spaghetti squash
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cooked pasta 465% more than Spaghetti squash
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cooked pasta 733% more than Spaghetti squash
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cooked pasta 4% more than Spaghetti squash
- Vitaminium B6: Spaghetti squash 197% more than cooked pasta
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cooked pasta 767% more than Spaghetti squash
Minerals: Spaghetti squash vs cooked pasta
Compares of Spaghetti squash
- Spaghetti Squash vs Broccoli
- Spaghetti Squash vs Butternut Squash
- Spaghetti Squash vs Cauliflower
- Spaghetti Squash vs Pumpkin
- Spaghetti Squash vs Yam
- Spaghetti Squash vs Zucchini
- see all compares of Spaghetti squash
Compares of cooked pasta
- Calories from Spaghetti squash
- Calories of Cooked barley
- Calories in Fried scallops
- Boiled jicama calories per 100g
- Frozen raspberries carbs per 100g
- Jumbo shrimp protein per 100g
- Rice bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does cherry pie have?
- Calories in a half of champignon
- Calories in whole champignon
- Calories for one, two or more champignons
- How much protein in jelly?