Sour Cream (No Fat) vs Cream Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Sour cream
At first glance, you can see that in sour cream is much less calories than in cream cheese.
Sour cream has 74 kcal per 100g and cream cheese 350 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 373%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in sour cream cames from carbs and in cream cheese from fat.
See tables below to compare sour cream with cream cheese in details.
Fact 2: Sour cream And Cream cheese Nutrition Difference
Cream cheese vs Sour cream: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Sour cream (no fat)||Cream cheese|
|Carbohydrates||15.6 g||5.52 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||6.15 g|
|Water||80.6 g||52.62 g|
|Calcium||125 mg||97 mg|
|Magnessium||10 mg||9 mg|
|Potassium||129 mg||132 mg|
|Sodium||141 mg||314 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.15 mg||0.23 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.07 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.02 mg||0.056 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.011 mg||0.009 mg|
Less protein in sour cream
It is aslo easy to see see that in sour cream is less protein than in cream cheese.
There is 6.15g per 100g of cream cheese and 3.1g per 100g of sour cream so using simple math we can see that difference is about 98%.
More carbohydrates in sour cream
In sour cream is more carbohydrates than in cream cheese.
There is 5.52g/100g of carbohydrates in cream cheese and 15.6g/100g in sour cream so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 183%.
- Carbohydrates15.6 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water80.6 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | glass | cup | half cup
- 83% CARBS.
- 17% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
Vitamins: cream cheese vs sour cream
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sour cream 74% more than cream cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cream cheese 53% more than sour cream
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cream cheese 30% more than sour cream
- Vitaminium B6: cream cheese 180% more than sour cream
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sour cream 22% more than cream cheese
Minerals: sour cream vs cream cheese
Compares of sour cream
- Sour Cream vs Cottage Cheese
- Sour Cream vs Whole Milk
- Sour Cream vs Egg Yolk
- Sour Cream vs Butter
- Sour Cream vs Greek Yoghurt
- Sour Cream vs Cheddar
- see all compares of sour cream
Compares of cream cheese
- Calories from Sour cream (no fat)
- Calories of Mortadella
- Calories in Carrot juice
- Swordfish (fillet, meat) calories per 100g
- Rice milk carbs per 100g
- Yuca protein per 100g
- Larabar Chocolate Truffles fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked pork chop have?
- Calories in a half of Lucky Charms
- Calories in whole Lucky Charms
- Calories for one, two or more Lucky Charms
- How much protein in yogurt parfait?
- Milk Powder vs Coffee Creamer nutrition
- Natural Yogurt vs Coconut Milk calories
- Natural Yogurt vs Chobani Yogurt protein
- Greek Yoghurt vs Coconut Milk sugar
- Greek Yoghurt vs Cream Cheese vitamins
- Greek Yoghurt vs Ricotta Cheese dietary fiber
- Cheddar vs American Cheese vitaminium C
- Cheddar vs Provolone Cheese magnessium
- Cheddar vs Cream Cheese potassium