Rice Flour vs Wheat Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Rice flour
At first glance, you can see that in rice flour is just a little less calories than in wheat flour.
Rice flour has 359 kcal per 100g and wheat flour 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In rice flour and in wheat flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare rice flour with wheat flour in details.
Fact 2: Rice flour And Wheat flour Nutrition Difference
Wheat flour vs Rice flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Rice flour||Wheat flour|
|Carbohydrates||79.8 g||76.31 g|
|Fat||1.3 g||0.98 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.5 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||6.94 g||10.33 g|
|Water||11.6 g||11.92 g|
|Calcium||6 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||0.22 mg||1.17 mg|
|Magnessium||22.9 mg||22 mg|
|Phosphorus||16 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||75 mg||107 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||16 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.09 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.25 mg||1.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.052 mg||0.044 mg|
Less protein in rice flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in rice flour is less protein than in wheat flour.
There is 10.33g per 100g of wheat flour and 6.94g per 100g of rice flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 49%.
More carbohydrates in rice flour
In rice flour is more carbohydrates than in wheat flour.
There is 76.31g/100g of carbohydrates in wheat flour and 79.8g/100g in rice flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in rice flour
In rice flour is more fats than in wheat flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.98g/100g of fats in wheat flour and 1.3g/100g in rice flour. In this case difference is about 33%.
- Carbohydrates79.8 g
- Fat1.3 g
- Dietary fiber0.5 g
- Protein6.94 g
- Water11.6 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 89% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: wheat flour vs rice flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): wheat flour 33% more than rice flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): wheat flour 0% more than rice flour
- Vitaminium B6: rice flour 18% more than wheat flour
Minerals: rice flour vs wheat flour
- Calcium: wheat flour 150% more than rice flour
- Iron: wheat flour 432% more than rice flour
- Magnessium: rice flour 4% more than wheat flour
- Phosphorus: rice flour 5233% more than wheat flour
- Potassium: wheat flour 43% more than rice flour
- Sodium: rice flour 150% more than wheat flour
- Zink: rice flour 5233% more than wheat flour
Compares of rice flour
- Rice Flour vs All-Purpose Flour
- Rice Flour vs Almond Flour
- Rice Flour vs Brown Rice Flour
- Rice Flour vs Coconut Flour
- Rice Flour vs Cornstarch
- Rice Flour vs Oat Flour
- see all compares of rice flour
Compares of wheat flour
- Calories from Rice flour
- Calories of Goat cheese (hard)
- Calories in Chorizo
- Roasted pork loiny calories per 100g
- Mackerel carbs per 100g
- Smoked cheese protein per 100g
- Pepitas fat per 100g
- How many calories does Biryani have?
- Calories in a half of matcha
- Calories in whole matcha
- Calories for one, two or more matcha
- Calories in glass of matcha
- How much protein in shredded cheddar cheese?