Red Onion vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
More Calories in Red onion
At first glance, you can see that in red onion is just a little more calories than in green onions.
Red onion has 33 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 3%.
In red onion and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare red onion with green onions in details.
Red onion And Green onions Nutrition Difference
Green onions vs Red onion: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Red onion||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||6.1 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.4 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||1.83 g|
|Water||90.8 g||89.83 g|
|Calcium||25 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.03 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.2 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.1 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6 mg||18.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.12 mg||0.55 mg|
Less protein in red onion
It is aslo easy to see see that in red onion is less protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 1.2g per 100g of red onion so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53%.
Less carbohydrates in red onion
In red onion is less carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 6.1g/100g in red onion so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 20%.
More fat in red onion
In red onion is more fats than in green onions.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.4g/100g in red onion. In this case difference is about 111%.
- Carbohydrates6.1 g
- Fat0.4 g
- Dietary fiber1.7 g
- Protein1.2 g
- Water90.8 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 74% CARBS.
- 15% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
Vitamins: green onions vs red onion
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine):
green onions - 83% more than red onion
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin):
green onions - 167% more than red onion
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin):
green onions - 163% more than red onion
- Vitaminium B6:
red onion - 64% more than green onions
- Vitaminium C:
green onions - 213% more than red onion
- Vitaminium E:
green onions - 358% more than red onion
Compares of red onion
- Red Onion vs Onion
- Red Onion vs Peas
- Red Onion vs Shallot
- Red Onion vs Cherry Tomato
- Red Onion vs White Onion
- Red Onion vs Green Onions
- see all compares of red onion
Compares of green onion
- Calories from Red onion
- Calories of Chokeberry
- Calories in Caraway
- Sour cream 12% fat calories per 100g
- Luncheon meat carbs per 100g
- Minced pork protein per 100g
- Surimi fat per 100g
- How many calories does oat milk have?
- Calories in a half of Chimichanga
- Calories in whole Chimichanga
- Calories for one, two or more Chimichanga
- How much protein in Bojangles biscuit?
- Green Olive vs Jalapeno nutrition
- Green Olive vs Kalamata Olives calories
- Black Olive vs Kalamata Olives protein
- Green Pepper vs Jalapeno sugar
- Green Pepper vs Yellow Bell Pepper vitamins
- Green Pepper vs Sweet Pepper dietary fiber
- Cherry Tomato vs Grape Tomato vitaminium C
- Cherry Tomato vs Roma Tomato magnessium
- Mushrooms vs Portabella Mushrooms potassium