Red Onion: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
How many calories in red onion?
To show you what does it mean, medium size red onion (90 g) has about 30 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
Scroll down for details and nutrition tables.
To visualize how much 30 kcal actually is, take in mind that calories amount from red onion is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
Take a look at tables below to see details about red onion nutrition.
See all nutrition data of red onion on charts.
Calories And Nutrition in Medium Size Red Onion (90 G), 100g and Ounce
|per 100 g||per ounce||medium size red onion (90 g)|
|Carbs Total||6.1 g||1.73 g||5.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||0.48 g||1.5 g|
|Fat||0.4 g||0.11 g||0.4 g|
|Saturated fat||0.11 g||< 0.1 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||0.34 g||1.1 g|
|Water||90.8 g||25.74 g||81.7 g|
red onion - vitamins per 100g
- Vit A2 IU
- Vit B1 (Thiamine)0.03 mg
- Vit B2 (riboflavin)0.03 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin)0.2 mg
- Vit B60.1 mg
- Vit C6 mg
- Vit E0.12 mg
Energy content of red onion
- 74% CARBS
- 15% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
red onion - minerals per 100g
- Potassium121 mg
- Phosphorus14 mg
- Magnessium8 mg
- Calcium25 mg
- Sodium6 mg
- Iron0.5 mg
- Zink0.24 mg
- Beta karoten12 mg
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 red onions?
As I wrote before medium size red onion (90 g) has 30 calories. It is easy to count that two red onions have about 60 calories and three red onions have about 90 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five red onions.
- Medium size red onion (90 g)30 kcal
- Cup of red onion (160g)53 kcal
- Half cup of red onion (80g)26 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of red onion9 kcal
- Half of medium size red onion15 kcal
- Small size red onion (72g)24 kcal
- Big size red onion (117g)39 kcal
- Two medium size red onions60 kcal
- Three medium size red onions90 kcal
- Four medium size red onions120 kcal
- Five medium size red onions150 kcal
Protein in red onion
Red onion has 1.2 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size red onion (90 g) you can see that you will get about 1.1 g of protein.
Carbs in red onion
Red onion has 6.1 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size red onion (90 g) has about 5.5 g of carbs.
Fat in red onion
Red onion has 0.4 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size red onion (90 g) has about 0.4 g of fat.
medium size red onion (90 g) has:30kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
Interesting charts - compare red onion with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how red onion looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does peach cobbler have?
- Calories in a half of venison
- Calories in whole venison
- Calories for one, two or more venison
- Calories in slice of venison
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in homemade pizza?
- How much fat in bing cherries?
- How much protein in flatbread?
- What is weight of pork tamale?
- Mixed vegetables calories per ounce (oz)
- Seafood salad calories per serving size