Red Onion: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Red onion: calories, protein, carbs and fat in 100g, ounce, one red onion, cup and more
How many calories in red onion?
To show you what does it mean, medium size red onion (90 g) has about 30 calories.
It is about 1% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size red onion is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 1.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you would have to bike at least 4 minutes, swim for about 4 minutes or run for 3 minutes.
See all nutrition data of red onion on charts.
Red onion: calories and nutrition per 100g (and per ounce)
|per 100 g||per ounce|
|Carbs Total||6.1 g||~ 1.7 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.7 g||~ 0.5 g|
|Fat||0.4 g||~ 0.1 g|
|Saturated fat||0.11 g||< 0.1 g|
|Protein||1.2 g||~ 0.3 g|
|Water||90.8 g||~ 25.7 g|
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 red onions?
As I wrote before medium size red onion (90 g) has 30 calories. It is easy to count that two red onions have about 60 calories and three red onions have about 90 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five red onions.
- Medium size red onion (90 g)30 kcal
- Cup of red onion (160g)53 kcal
- Half cup of red onion (80g)26 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of red onion9 kcal
- Half of medium size red onion15 kcal
- Small size red onion (72g)24 kcal
- Big size red onion (117g)39 kcal
- Two medium size red onions60 kcal
- Three medium size red onions90 kcal
- Four medium size red onions120 kcal
- Five medium size red onions150 kcal
Protein in red onion
Red onion has 1.2 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size red onion (90 g) you can see that you will get about 1.1 g of protein.
Carbs in red onion
Red onion has 6.1 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size red onion (90 g) has about 5.5 g of carbs.
Fat in red onion
Red onion has 0.4 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size red onion (90 g) has about 0.4 g of fat.
medium size red onion (90 g) has:30kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
red onion - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A2 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.03 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.03 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.2 mg
- Vitaminium B60.1 mg
- Vitaminium C6 mg
- Vitaminium E0.12 mg
Energy content of red onion
- 74% CARBS
- 15% PROTEIN
- 11% FAT
red onion - minerals per 100g
- Potassium121 mg
- Phosphorus14 mg
- Magnessium8 mg
- Calcium25 mg
- Sodium6 mg
- Iron0.5 mg
- Zink0.24 mg
- Beta karoten12 mg
Interesting charts - compare red onion with other vegetables
When you look at charts below you will see how red onion looks like in comparsion to other products from its category. When you click on selected product you will se detailed comparsion.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does Chimichanga have?
- Calories in a half of angel hair pasta
- Calories in whole angel hair pasta
- Calories for one, two or more angel hair pasta
- Calories in handful of angel hair pasta
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in wasabi peas?
- How much fat in sweetcorn?
- How much protein in fruit salad?
- What is weight of artichoke salad in oil?
- Bean cake calories per ounce (oz)
- Cilantro calories per serving size