Potato Flour vs Wheat Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Potato flour
At first glance, you can see that in potato flour is just a little less calories than in wheat flour.
Potato flour has 357 kcal per 100g and wheat flour 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In potato flour and in wheat flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare potato flour with wheat flour in details.
Fact 2: Potato flour And Wheat flour Nutrition Difference
- Calories: wheat flour - 2% more than potato flour
- Carbohydrates: potato flour - 9% more than wheat flour
- Fat: wheat flour - 188% more than potato flour
- Dietary fiber: potato flour - 119% more than wheat flour
- Protein: wheat flour - 50% more than potato flour
- Water: wheat flour - 83% more than potato flour
Wheat flour vs Potato flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Potato flour||Wheat flour|
|Carbohydrates||83.1 g||76.31 g|
|Fat||0.34 g||0.98 g|
|Dietary fiber||5.9 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||6.9 g||10.33 g|
|Water||6.52 g||11.92 g|
|Calcium||65 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||1.38 mg||1.17 mg|
|Magnessium||65 mg||22 mg|
|Potassium||1001 mg||107 mg|
|Sodium||55 mg||2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.228 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.051 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.507 mg||1.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.769 mg||0.044 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.025 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||0.06 mg|
Less protein in potato flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in potato flour is less protein than in wheat flour.
There is 10.33g per 100g of wheat flour and 6.9g per 100g of potato flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 50%.
More carbohydrates in potato flour
In potato flour is more carbohydrates than in wheat flour.
There is 76.31g/100g of carbohydrates in wheat flour and 83.1g/100g in potato flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 9%.
Less fat in potato flour
In potato flour is less fats than in wheat flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.98g/100g of fats in wheat flour and 0.34g/100g in potato flour. In this case difference is about 188%.
- Carbohydrates83.1 g
- Fat0.34 g
- Dietary fiber5.9 g
- Protein6.9 g
- Water6.52 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 92% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: wheat flour vs potato flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato flour 90% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): potato flour 28% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato flour 181% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B6: potato flour 1648% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): wheat flour 4% more than potato flour
- Vitaminium E: potato flour 317% more than wheat flour
Minerals: potato flour vs wheat flour
Compares of potato flour
- Potato Flour vs Wheat Flour
- Potato Flour vs Arrowroot Flour
- Potato Flour vs Cornstarch
- Potato Flour vs All-Purpose Flour
- Potato Flour vs Rice Flour
- see all compares of potato flour
Compares of wheat flour
- Calories from Potato flour
- Calories of Bun
- Calories in Prune whip
- Fried falafel calories per 100g
- Roasted potato carbs per 100g
- Dried chili peppers protein per 100g
- Frozen margarita fat per 100g
- How many calories does maple syrup have?
- Calories in a half of saltine cracker
- Calories in whole saltine cracker
- Calories for one, two or more saltine crackers
- How much protein in salt?
- Potato Flour vs Arrowroot Flour nutrition
- Potato Flour vs Cornstarch calories
- Potato Flour vs All-Purpose Flour protein
- Soy Flour vs Wheat Flour sugar
- Soy Flour vs Almond Flour vitamins
- Soy Flour vs All-Purpose Flour dietary fiber
- Soy Flour vs Coconut Flour vitaminium C
- Oat Flour vs Wheat Flour magnessium
- Oat Flour vs Oatmeal potassium